Not on Kaya

Saltycane

Sophomore
Premium
You can not put blame on Kaya, the play calling did not really give him much to work with. Just look at the last drive after Berrios' return, we run 3 straight plays forcing a 4th down that we thankfully converted. The play calling reduced the margin for error. Let's see how the play calling goes next week,

Advertisement
Nice throw Brad

He made one dumb throw. Probably cost us points. Made up for it with 4th down TD pass. He doesn't kick the extra points. What was his stat line last year? 4 TDs and 405 yards? Definitely the reason we haven't beaten fsu

I disagree, the play calling was trying to hide the fact that kayaa and this O line are ***ing trash

I saw it against FAU and I wanted to turn a blind eye to it, but I just can't anymore.

You could see it on richts face when FAU was kicking our fronts @ss and kayaa was getting happy feet, you could see it in how he just lined up and started running the ball... he lost all faith in kayaa that day

He saw a scared quarterback and I could see the look of concern on richts face and I was hoping this would get sorted out, but it's not going to.

Fact is richt taking a lot of the heat that should be placed squarely on this horrible o line and qb play. He called a game doing his best to mask the fact that like another poster said -

we have an FCS O line and FAU proved it

Advertisement
I disagree, the play calling was trying to hide the fact that kayaa and this O line are ***ing trash

I saw it against FAU and I wanted to turn a blind eye to it, but I just can't anymore.

You could see it on richts face when FAU was kicking our fronts @ss and kayaa was getting happy feet, you could see it in how he just lined up and started running the ball... he lost all faith in kayaa that day

He saw a scared quarterback and I could see the look of concern on richts face and I was hoping this would get sorted out, but it's not going to.

Fact is richt taking a lot of the heat that should be placed squarely on this horrible o line and qb play. He called a game doing his best to mask the fact that like another poster said -

we have an FCS O line and FAU proved it

Pretty much this! Richt doesn't have faith in Kayaa and running 3 times isn't a bad move when you know it's 4 down territory. Richt was playing to make sure that they had the shortest possible yardage on 4th down if they couldn't get it.

Kayaa just isn't as good as we thought he would be. He is a solid NCAA pro style QB.

While I'll give him credit for the TD throw at the end, the punt return was the only reason he had the opportunity.
I'm still waiting for him to show up in a meaningful game and make a difference, but I suspect I have a long wait ahead of me.
The Frenchy from FSU vastly out played him with what looked like a concussion and one arm.
Kaaya is what he is, average.

That's BS and yall know it. Ricth tried to make Kaaya a mobile QB and he isn't that. We needed to take some shots down the field and that's conservative play calling. FSU secondary is the only thing we needed to exploit and we blew it. Sometimes blowing the top off the field open things up. Not these mild intermediate routes

He is simply too slow. A 5.4 forty time doesn't cut it against a team like FSU. The zone read play is a handoff and everyone knows it. His lack of athleticism made FSU's Swiss Cheese defense look like the Steel Curtain.

Advertisement
That's BS and yall know it. Ricth tried to make Kaaya a mobile QB and he isn't that. We needed to take some shots down the field and that's conservative play calling. FSU secondary is the only thing we needed to exploit and we blew it. Sometimes blowing the top off the field open things up. Not these mild intermediate routes

hard to exploit the middle of the field when you go max protection and kayaa is still getting rocked

you wanna block with less guys? FSU rushed 3 one time against what 6 blockers and got there almost immediately

but yeah, let's drop back to pass and wait for the play to develop

Advertisement
Back