Off-Topic Norway (Fredrikstad) / Sweden (Gothenburg)

Schnelly'sPipe

Freshman
Premium
This is a work trip but will have a bit of free time. I'm Flying into Norway (Oslo) and staying in (Fredrikstad). Taking a train ride from Fredrikstad to Sweden (Gothenburg). Any and all suggestions tips for the two locations I'm staying would be greatly appreciated! I'm a cold FL native so wish me luck..

Advertisement
This is a work trip but will have a bit of free time. I'm Flying into Norway (Oslo) and staying in (Fredrikstad). Taking a train ride from Fredrikstad to Sweden (Gothenburg). Any and all suggestions tips for the two locations I'm staying would be greatly appreciated! I'm a cold FL native so wish me luck..
Go see The Scream at the Edvard Munch Museum in Oslo.

@Empirical Cane is your source for all things Nordic.

Go see Volvo factory and if you can swing to Stockholm, the Vasa is worth 1/2 your day at least.

Winter Olympic Stadium is cool in Oslo as is the Storting (Norway's Parliament) where they give out the Nobel Peace Prize (the rest are given in Stockholm)

Pizza + beer for 4 = $130 so brace yourself

True Story: When I visited the Storting, I asked the tour guide if I coukd speak with a manager to inquire why I had not yet been given the Nobel Peace Prize. I repeated my inquiry in Stockholm (for the other Nobels). This outrage cannot go unchallenged!

Last edited:
True Story: When I visited the Storting, I asked the tour guide if I coukd speak with a manager to inquire why I had not yet been given the Nobel Peace Prize. I repeated my inquiry in Stockholm (for the other Nobels). This outrage cannot go unchallenged!
1712066344333.gif

Advertisement
They don't even respond to my emails any more. I'm pretty sure it's rigged.

Go see Volvo factory and if you can swing to Stockholm, the Vasa is worth 1/2 your day at least.

Winter Olympic Stadium is cool in Oslo as is the Storting (Norway's Parliament) where they give out the Nobel Peace Prize (the rest are given in Stockholm)

Pizza + beer for 4 = $130 so brace yourself

wow. didn't know you are swedish. you learn something every day, meng.

Advertisement
I've been to Norway and it's an incredibly beautiful country. I haven't been to Oslo so I can't give you any advice other than to get out check out the forests, see a fjord, feel the water in a stream, and touch one of those big boulders that looks like it's been there forever. I'd live there if I could deal with the lack of sunlight in the winter. I was amazed everywhere I went. I even got another tattoo while I was there.

I've been to Norway and it's an incredibly beautiful country. I haven't been to Oslo so I can't give you any advice other than to get out check out the forests, see a fjord, feel the water in a stream, and touch one of those big boulders that looks like it's been there forever. I'd live there if I could deal with the lack of sunlight in the winter. I was amazed everywhere I went. I even got another tattoo while I was there.
Is this where you tell us you got mjolnir tattooed on your crank?

Is this where you tell us you got mjolnir tattooed on your crank?
Nah, I got 'Cervus Lacessitus Leo' on my right outside forearm. I was in Alesund at the time. I wish I could have stayed up in those fjords a lot longer. I was in England, Belgium, Amsterdam, Norway, and Iceland on that trip.. I'm telling you I could feel Norway in my bones.

Advertisement
Back