Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement

Probably the reason Braggart brought him in.:sneaky:

Paraphrasing: when the topic of Willie’s job status comes into the play, administration will always consider the state of the program that he inherited and that will heavily weigh into the decision.

Translation: slick Willie gon be in Tally for a while boys 😈

Paraphrasing: when the topic of Willie’s job status comes into the play, administration will always consider the state of the program that he inherited and that will heavily weigh into the decision.

For as much as I dislike FSU Jimbo Fisher got them back on top pretty quickly including their 3rd national title. He recruited very very well and their program was a consistent Top 10 until his last year there. I was not sad to see him go, but I have FSU friends who also said that FSU admin were not happy about the whole perception of the program when all the Jameis stuff went down and blamed Fisher. So when Jimbo was making demands of certain things he wanted to seen done for the program the admin was hesitant and balked at it.

He eventually grew tiresome of the admin and that's when you started hearing the rumors of him "looking around" first with LSU and then he leaves for A&M eventually

while I completely disagree with that thought, I encourage it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I've been trying to tell you guys this for months. He's not getting fired unless it's some sort of complete catastrophe. Like a 3-9 or 4-8 type year. They don't have the money to buy him out. He is owed 85% of the balance of his contract if he's fired. He signed a 6 year/$30M deal before 2018. So at the end of this season, he'll still be owed $20M. 85% of that would be $17M, paid monthly over the duration of the original deal. So FSU would be paying him $354,166 per month for the next 4 years (through the end of the 2023 season) to not coach their team.

They don't have the money to do that. Period.

And this would be on top of paying a new coach, plus probably THAT coach's buyout (like they're paying for Willie now...both to Oregon and USF).

It's not happening. Willie will be the coach there in 2020, at least.

I've been trying to tell you guys this for months. He's not getting fired unless it's some sort of complete catastrophe. Like a 3-9 or 4-8 type year. They don't have the money to buy him out. He is owed 85% of the balance of his contract if he's fired. He signed a 6 year/$30M deal before 2018. So at the end of this season, he'll still be owed $20M. 85% of that would be $17M, paid monthly over the duration of the original deal. So FSU would be paying him $354,166 per month for the next 4 years (through the end of the 2023 season) to not coach their team.

And this would be on top of paying a new coach, plus probably THAT coach's buyout (like they're paying for Willie now...both to Oregon and USF).

He's got a Mets-Bobby-Bonilla type contract.

Advertisement

Any idea how much they're paying USF and Oregon? That's insane to me they're paying both **** schools buyout. What a terrible, rushed hire.

Any idea how much they're paying USF and Oregon? That's insane to me they're paying both **** schools buyout. What a terrible, rushed hire.

Technically, they're only paying Oregon. But Oregon was paying USF. So, FSU paid Oregon $3M to buy Willie out of his Oregon contract. And Oregon still owed USF $1.37M from when they bought him out from USF, so FSU had to pay that too.

FSU paid Oregon $4.37M for Willie....$3M went to Oregon into their pocket, $1.37M went to Oregon who then paid USF.

Advertisement
Back