No More Gimmicks -- How About Championships ?

mdpcane

All-American
The "Turnover Chain" was a novelty that has worn off and become a silly joke. Same for those stupid "TD Rings" . They are beyond embarrassing now. GET RID OF THE DIAZ GIMMICKS !

Instead of really good and sound coaching to help players develop from high-school talent into college players that can play at a championship level, the Canes players have been given bull**** toys that should be for kindergarten kids.

Its sickening to see what was once the gold standard of college football has become ... a pathetic laughingstock that loses to ******* Georgia Tech !

Thank you, U of Miami admin and BOT for giving loyal Canes fans clown corches and a giant 15 year "FVCK U"

Advertisement
Guessing the OP loved the turnover chain two years ago lmao
9C6064BB-F340-4CA5-8E1E-BB2CBF6BA804.gif

Advertisement
Nancy it’s not the chain. The chain is a thing. People are calling the plays and missing field goals. 🤦‍♂️
Obviously you have never formed any key strategies for reading comprehension.... have a nice day .... SMH

Advertisement
It's not the chain's fault that we suck. But prancing around our sidelines flashing jewelry when we're in death struggles at home against a 1-5 team should not be happening.

It's the same thing with "Sweet Caroline" at Red Sox games. They play it every single home game in the middle of the 8th inning. I personally think it's cheesy, but people enjoy it when it's 8-3 Red Sox and everyone is drunk and happy and having a great time.

But they also play it when they're losing 14-2 to the Yankees, and it's the most painful 2 minutes you can possibly imagine.

Same deal here....the turnover chain was amazing when the team was getting a bunch of turnovers and winning games in 2017. But that stuff only works when you're winning.

The "Turnover Chain" was a novelty that has worn off and become a silly joke. Same for those stupid "TD Rings" . They are beyond embarrassing now. GET RID OF THE DIAZ GIMMICKS !

Instead of really good and sound coaching to help players develop from high-school talent into college players that can play at a championship level, the Canes players have been given bull**** toys that should be for kindergarten kids.

Its sickening to see what was once the gold standard of college football has become ... a pathetic laughingstock that loses to ******* Georgia Tech !

Thank you, U of Miami admin and BOT for giving loyal Canes fans clown corches and a giant 15 year "FVCK U"
It’s closer to 20 yrs, thank you. Coker had this ship in crash mode even in ‘02, it just had too much talent trained under the goats to collapse back then.

Advertisement
It’s closer to 20 yrs, thank you. Coker had this ship in crash mode even in ‘02, it just had too much talent trained under the goats to collapse back then.
the Grandpa Clappy era low point was the embarrassing buttrape by LSU in the 05 Peach Bowl. Clappy was the first in the line of clowns and the wrong hires to be Miami HC and we are still in the nightmare.

the Grandpa Clappy era low point was the embarrassing buttrape by LSU in the 05 Peach Bowl. Clappy was the first in the line of clowns and the wrong hires to be Miami HC and we are still in the nightmare.
The TN game in ‘03 was a clear alarm signal.

TBH, I saw him as what he was when he took the Dave Howell commitment a year before NSD. Either they didn’t evaluate that kid at all, or they did, and didn’t know what they were looking for or at. Either way, there was no pretty story there.

Obviously you have never formed any key strategies for reading comprehension.... have a nice day .... SMH
The gimmick was a reward for a turnover. If you honestly think that removing the chain or any other “thing” is somehow going to change the way we play, you sir are terribly misinformed. Also, if you believe that taking away the chain will help the coaching staff focus on fundamentals... again you’re wrong. Here’s a thought.... keep the chain, the rings and add fifty more gimmicks. I’d like the staff to pay recruits too. I’d like a bigger campus with a stadium. We could really use a kicker also. Here’s an idea get some depth. We went into the season with 75 on ship and currently carry 72 kids on the scholarship roster. Alabama has 48 freshman/RS freshman. Maybe we could redshirt as many kids as possible and take a full 25. I’m tired of this self imposed probation. We could have more wins, but I’m happy if in three years we’re not starting 15 underclassman. Most of all I’d like this team to have a ******* heart and to hate losing as much as I do. The administration can’t make the kids not care. The administration sucked through our glory years too. Next time just post in a fire Manny Diaz thread, because you don’t think he’s capable of winning. I personally won’t know what anyone is capable of doing until we have a full roster with upperclassman. I’m going to not freak out. I hope that this staff finds 85 adults In need of an education and a desire to win. I’m tired of the Shannon, Golden and Richt **** show. This staff is going to be here for at least three years. They better fill the roster and stop this baby Cane bull****. As bad as we’ve been, we are at worst 5-2 with a kid that can kick a 40 yard field goal. Butch, Jimmy, Dennis and Howard filled the roster and won. I hope Manny can too.

Advertisement
The chain and the td rings are cheesy to me. However, they weren't intended for the fans... they were introduced to motivate the players... and it did exactly that. However, right now with the state of Miami football, they have drastically lost their luster. It's the same as swag... it only means something if you can back it up with the play on the field... if not you look like clowns.
I suggest we but the bling away until we turn this program around... unless a circus is what we want.

Advertisement
Back