NO LOYALTY BY COACHES. WHATS THE BEST DECISION FOR THE KIDS?

Cane passion

Sophomore
With the way coaches are leaving after short stints at college football programs for better opportunities like Matt Rhule and Lane Kiffen to name a few as fans we have to take a step back when criticizing kids for going in the transfer portal. Kids need to goto a school with a brand or tradition for exposure to in sure their NFL aspirations like MIAM( yes Miami even with how mediocre we have been scouts will still come) BAMA ,CLEMSON, OSU etc. We criticize the players for not handling adversity then transferring but why is the narrative different for coaches when they leave ? Thoughts...

Advertisement
With the way coaches are leaving after short stints at college football programs for better opportunities like Matt Rhule and Lane Kiffen to name a few as fans we have to take a step back when criticizing kids for going in the transfer portal. Kids need to goto a school with a brand or tradition for exposure to in sure their NFL aspirations like MIAM( yes Miami even with how mediocre we have been scouts will still come) BAMA ,CLEMSON, OSU etc. We criticize the players for not handling adversity then transferring but why is the narrative different for coaches when they leave ? Thoughts...
So let me get this straight. A school releasing a coach for poor performance after a short stint is NOT a "Lack of loyalty" but a coach whom does well enough to bring in better opportunities and leaves, that is a "Lack of loyalty?

We have to take a step back? Most people that aren’t new or overly bias, believe the best long term success for any program, is for kids to commit to a school, not a coach. FWIW

Advertisement
We have to take a step back? Most people that aren’t new or overly bias, believe the best long term success for any program, is for kids to commit to a school, not a coach. FWIW
Thats not the point. I get what the guy is saying. Will it ever happen, NO. Your post is a perfect example.

As fans we criticize kids for making these decisions and leaving a program to transfer, but face it. Lots of these players choose a school because of the coach. That's who the **** recruited them to come. SOOO, when those guys leave for whatever reason, especially if they are chasing money, why would we think the kids should get left behind. This world is nowhere near what it used to be....times definitely do change, and always will. The old people who cant stand change, just have to get over it. You are not going to stop it.

I am a fan, and I wish we didnt have the turnover we have had in the coaching tree, but it is what it is, and when we see kids leaving our program left and right and especially prematurely for the NFL...I dont blame them one bit. There is ZERO consistency at UM, besides that we suck, and a big part of it is consistency. We are NOT a powerhouse anymore, we are school that has to have the time for a legit rebuild, and we need a solid administration supporting a solid coaching staff to do it. Manny Diaz may not be that guy, or maybe he is, its early. For him to change culture at UM, that will not happen in one year. I can promise you this, he is one year ahead of anyone else that would get a chance right now, and if we had to hire another HC next season, it will be at least two years from there before we start to see any change.

Any kid who thought Lane Kiffin was going to be at FAU long is clearly an idiot.

Your overall point is right but your rationale is bad. Imo Players should be allowed one transfer without sitting or restrictions and another with the rules today. Probably would have to change the IC rules tho, because Miami would have lost like 20 players the last couple of years and play with a 53 man roster like a NFL team

Any kid who thought Lane Kiffin was going to be at FAU long is clearly an idiot.
And this is my point. When making a decision to go to a university for football maybe you should choose a school that’s a brand or that is well known like a Michigan or pennstate so if the coaches leave your still at a good program that’s well respected. IMO

Advertisement
Indeed and you should commit to a school not a coach. Moreover if a coach at a lower tier division one program has had poor seasons consecutively I believe it’s not wise to commit to that school because of the high probability of that coach being let go due to a poor record. I will juxtapose that by saying two or three 11-12 win seasons at a lower tier school can result in a coach leaving as well for better opportunities soooh go to the BRAND NOT THE COACH.

Indeed and you should commit to a school not a coach. Moreover if a coach at a lower tier division one program has had poor seasons consecutively I believe it’s not wise to commit to that school because of the high probability of that coach being let go due to a poor record. I will juxtapose that by saying two or three 11-12 win seasons at a lower tier school can result in a coach leaving as well for better opportunities soooh go to the BRAND NOT THE COACH.
Correct. Trying to predict the future is impossible for anyone.

Advertisement
Back