No Duke thread?

joshdacane

Freshman
Down 13-10 at the under 12 time out. They are killing us on the offensive boards and have hit three 3s (I believe), but we have four points from Jekiri and Kirk and a fastbreak dunk from Kelly. No shots for our guards so far.

Advertisement
Miami wants so desperately to be Duke. But as we can see Miami is not Duke. **** this obsession with trying to be a basketball nerd school. Hope Donna is watching her dream continue to fail.

Advertisement
First game all season we are getting blown out. Pretty impressive considering the lack of firepower on this team.

Advertisement
Don't have a chance if Brown plays his worst game of the season (which he did). Hopefully they can give Syracuse a game on Saturday.

Well, that wasn't pretty. Vitale slobbered all over himself with glee. Next year will be different.

Miami wants so desperately to be Duke. But as we can see Miami is not Duke. **** this obsession with trying to be a basketball nerd school. Hope Donna is watching her dream continue to fail.

Can we keep this kind of talk off the basketball board? Most of us here, you know, like basketball and want to see the school succeed at the sport (not saying that we can't be good at football, too -- there's no reason why we can't do both).

Rough game today... there's only so much we can do with our lack of firepower. If our guards have poor offensive nights -- and Brown and Manu certainly did -- it's almost impossible for us to win against a good team. We kept it close for a while, but Duke's talent and ability to make open threes just overwhelmed us.

Advertisement

Must suck when schools have to pick one sport to excel in. I mean, no school has have had success in 2 sports in the same year...wait, Louisville did it last year in 4? Florida and Ohio State have done it numerous times?

I'm greedy. I want Miami to sweep all the sports every year. Being good in one sport doesn't mean you have to sacrifice the other.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back