Njoku owning the defense

Dude will OWN the middle of the field all season long

Doesn't even matter who we play against...there's no defending that size/athletic ability

Advertisement
Njoku is an impressive looking player....

If his brother is anywhere close to him in ability, that would be a major addition if he comes on board in the future...

Henley is a walk on I believe. He is a 2 star Al Golden late addition special. What do you expect?

Scary thing is he's like our starting #3 corner right now.... yeah but why take JC Jackson when the kid has character problems amirite?

Advertisement
Henley is a walk on I believe. He is a 2 star Al Golden late addition special. What do you expect?

Scary thing is he's like our starting #3 corner right now.... yeah but why take JC Jackson when the kid has character problems amirite?

Henley is on scholly bruh. Golden offered him.

Surprised people on the board actually believe he's good he's from jersey not SFL lol

Advertisement
Is 21 henley? That guy is always getting trucked or some ****.

If that was Henley that Njoku shoved out of bounds, then yes, that was pathetic and not hard core CANE effort. Was hoping his speed and being a Pompano kid would translate into something. Appears I was wrong.

Njoku is an impressive looking player....

If his brother is anywhere close to him in ability, that would be a major addition if he comes on board in the future...

Watched his JR tape and he seems to be faster than David...Opens up taking four kick=offs to the house...

Henley is what he is, but I don't get piling on him because of this particular play. Njoku is going to treat most any CB in the country like that. Now if Malcolm Lewis throws Henley around like that, by all means, let him have it.

Advertisement
Njoku is 6'4 250 and he even took Derwin James fsu's(in their opinion, all word) 6'3 210 safety for ride for about 10 yards in the game last year,I don't see why anyone is trying to bag on Henley if you consider that.

Njoku is 6'4 250 and he even took Derwin James fsu's(in their opinion, all word) 6'3 210 safety for ride for about 10 yards in the game last year,I don't see why anyone is trying to bag on Henley if you consider that.

People are bagging on Don Henley because he's making a habit of appearing on offensive players' highlight reels.

Advertisement
Love Njoku's YAC ability. He has such a quick turnaround after the catch. It really allows him to immediately work to get up field as soon as he gets his hands on the ball

Well...JC Jackson hasn't graduated yet. So when he does and if at that time we pass THEN you can ask why didn't we offer him.

Henley needs to be let go TODAY

The situation at CB is absolutely horrifying. Wish we could afford to cut Henley loose but we need the bodies at this point. People say that the situation at WR and CB both bad but the reality is CB is much worse. At WR we have Richards, Bruce and Mullins coming in this Summer and they will complement a WR corps that already has Coley Berrios, Cager etc. Not the best group but def serviceable with 3 elite prospects on the way.

Now at CB on the other hand we have Corn Elder and after that it's bleak. Yes Redwine has some potential and could develop into a good CB but after him there is nothing! After Elder and Redwine, we have a group consisting of Michael Jackson Kerr, Terrence Henley and Ryan Mayes who quite frankly don't even belong at UM in the first place. The worse part of it is that there is no significant help coming in the fall other than incoming true freshman Malek Young. I like Young's potential as much as the next guy but I do not see him as an immediate difference maker out of the gate.

Don't misunderstand me. I have all the confidence in the world that this new staff will address this issue and bring in elite talent at CB. We already have Henderson committed at CB for 2017 and we are in excellent shape with Shawn Davis and Latavious Brini. The bad part is that if none of the CB's we sign for 2017 are EEs, we could conceivably go into next Spring with Redwine as our No1 with Jackson Kerr, Henley, Mayes and Young rounding out the group.. That my friends is terrifying. I realize that moving Jaquan Johnson is an option but considering the situation that would be like putting lipstick on a pig. Hopefully Jaquan can lock down the nickel spot. I have to think that we will put the full court press on JC Jackson if and when he qualifies by graduating from Junior College.

Fortunately for us, we are in a prime position to load up on elite UM caliber talent at CB and Safety with the next two classes. Guys like Davis, Henderson, Brini, Gibson, Carter, Wright, Frierson, Jobe, Blades and Samuel Jr cannot get here fast enough! In the meantime, Coach Mike Rumph will have the opportunity to earn every single penny of his salary. Gee thanks Al!

Last edited:
yahll think chad is going to run in there in smack his own teammates? and when someone gets hurt you are going to bash him for hitting our star tigh end so close to the sideline

Advertisement
Back