Nike Snow: NU wins coz Mike Riley twice the Coach Golden is

Cane2

Band
Banned
Mike Riley is twice the coach Al Golden is, but I’m not anointing Riley as the best coach in college football. At Miami Al Golden is 30-22 (.577). Once again… at MIAMI. He is in a recruiting hotbed, and getting a ton of talent to his team… yet he is 30-22. Last season the Canes sent seven players to the NFL via the draft, the most they have had since 2011. At Oregon State Mike Riley amassed a 93-80 record ( .538). Riley also went 6-2 in bowl games at Oregon State.

Five More Reasons The Huskers Will Defeat Miami

Miami Looked Sketchy Against FAU:

Miami took care of week on opponent Bethune-Cookman to the tune of a 45-0 thumping. Going into week two, expectations were the same. While Miami did end up covering the -17.5 line, it was not easy. FAU torched the Miami run defense, as I mentioned above and at half time the score was 20-17 in favor of the Canes. Miami would pull away in the second half due in large part to several turnovers by FAU. The Miami defense did what it needed to, forcing the five turnovers, but if FAU was able to hold onto the ball we could be talking about a 1-1 Miami team. The Nebraska undoubtedly learned from the FAU tape, which could lead to a big victory.

Miami’s Rush Defense:

Miami’s pass defense has been on point this season, but their rush defense is a different story. Miami is 58th in the country in total rush defense, giving up 138 yards per game. Again, they have played Bethune-Cookman and Florida Atlantic. Cookman didn’t do much at all against the Canes, totaling just 79 yards of offense. Florida Atlantic was a different story. The Owls gashed the Miami defense for 223 yards on the ground. They averaged over 6 yards per carry, and probably beat Miami if not for the five turnovers. Nebraska’s running game has left a bit to be desired. I realize what Terrell Newby did last week, but lets realize who it was against. Against BYU Nebraska struggled to get anything going on the ground. Nebraska carried the ball 37 times for just 126 yards, averaging just over 3.5 yards per carry. While I believe Tommy Armstrong to be the key to a Husker victory, if Nebraska can establish a running game the Huskers have a really good chance on Saturday.

Tommy Armstrong:

There were a lot of question marks around Tommy Armstrong this offseason. Can he adjust to the new system? Can he improve his completion percentage? Can he limit the mistakes and errant throws? All signs point to yes after the first two games. Miami’s pass defense has looked really good to begin the season, albeit against some weak competition (Bethune-Cookman and Florida Atlantic). Miami is currently in the top-ten in total defense, allowing just 234 yards per game. If Nebraska is going to win this game, Tommy Armstrong is going to have to be "the guy" for the Huskers if the run game can’t take advantage of a suspect Miami rush defense. If he can find some holes in the Miami secondary, and open up the run game, look for Nebraska to have a good shot at leaving Miami with an impressive road victory.

Miami’s Offense? Nothing Special:

Miami’s offense has been extremely balanced, rushing for 421 yards and throwing for 484 yards on the season. The Canes rank 50th in the country in total offense, again against poor competition. While there will always be growing pains when you lose your best wide receiver and running back (remind you of anyone… Nebraska ranks 24th in total offense under the same circumstances) one would expect Miami to put up some big numbers against the outmatched opponents. Miami’s rush offense has been the better option, as they are in the top 20 in the country averaging over 6 yards per carry. The Miami passing attack is outside of the top 50 in yards per attempt, touchdowns, yards per game, and passer rating. These numbers play in favor of Nebraska’s defense. Nebraska is 16th in the country, allowing just over 75 yards per game on the ground. Nebraska’s pass defense is a different story. The Husker defense ranks a cringe worth 120th in the country in pass yards per game. If Nebraska is able to shut down the run and simply hold their own in the pass game look for the Huskers to walk away with a win.

Advertisement
You don't have to be the "best coach in college football" to beat C A G. You really don't even have to be a good coach. Mike London owns C A G and most would agree that Mike London is not a good coach.

You don't have to be the "best coach in college football" to beat C A G. You really don't even have to be a good coach. Mike London owns C A G and most would agree that Mike London is not a good coach.

You don't even need to be a good coach to beat F A G. You can be Mike London and have a winning record against fat boy.

When U see 3 d lineman standing up looking at the side lines when the other team is a running a play you should already know who has the best coach.

Advertisement
The rest of the media covering college football is finally catching on to the reality that Golden is a failure.

It's empirical fact, no gray area at all. Just look at his overall record, his record against winning teams, the putrid defensive stats, the fact we had more draft picks than victories last year.....pick any metric you want....he is a failure.

You don't even need to be a good coach to beat F A G. You can be Mike London and have a winning record against fat boy.

Mike London is not even a good coach, and he own Folden. You don't even need to be good to beat him.

Mike London is not even a good coach, and he own Folden. You don't even need to be good to beat him.

That's my point. Whose the worse corch to beat Golden? London?

Truthfully, you don't have to be a good coach to beat C A G. Mike London isn't a good coach and he is Folden's boss.

Advertisement
Oh crap, the secret is out, AL SUCKS. Now everyone will take advantage of the intel to beat us. We no long have the fear of Al's half-time adjustments holding them back.

When U see 3 d lineman standing up looking at the side lines when the other team is a running a play you should already know who has the best coach.

Post of Year Honors right here, lolz. So maddening. And it happens on EVERY freaking play too.

"Miami is currently in the top-ten in total defense, allowing just 234 yards per game".

Not sure what is a bigger farce....

Climate Change or Miami's Top Ten Defense.

Advertisement
Lol, Golden sucks and we all know it, but articles like this are trash. Miami played poorly against FAU, but it was never in doubt. They rotated players in and plated vanilla. Nothing new for anyone against lesser teams. What's worrisome is the rush defense. It was atrocious, but something happened in the 2nd half. Hopefully that's the defense that stays all year. Unfortunately Al being the coach doesn't make the look like it's probable though.

Also, just as bad as Miami looked against the rush early in yhr game, Nebraska has looked 3x as bad against the pass in all 8 of their quarters played. They don't have a pass defense right now.

I'm sure a post like this won't exactly be liked here, but I'm not defending Golden or saying Miami will blowout Nebraska, I'm just saying that Miami has been playing vanilla and rotating guys because of the lack of talent they're facing and who they have coming up. Everyone around the nation does it. What we should still worry about is the run defense and the offensive line. If neither inprove, then yea, lNebraska walks away with an easy W. If Miami finds any consistency, then even with Goldielocks, they have a chance.

Lol, Golden sucks and we all know it, but articles like this are trash. Miami played poorly against FAU, but it was never in doubt. They rotated players in and plated vanilla. Nothing new for anyone against lesser teams. What's worrisome is the rush defense. It was atrocious, but something happened in the 2nd half. Hopefully that's the defense that stays all year. Unfortunately Al being the coach doesn't make the look like it's probable though.

Also, just as bad as Miami looked against the rush early in yhr game, Nebraska has looked 3x as bad against the pass in all 8 of their quarters played. They don't have a pass defense right now.

I'm sure a post like this won't exactly be liked here, but I'm not defending Golden or saying Miami will blowout Nebraska, I'm just saying that Miami has been playing vanilla and rotating guys because of the lack of talent they're facing and who they have coming up. Everyone around the nation does it. What we should still worry about is the run defense and the offensive line. If neither inprove, then yea, lNebraska walks away with an easy W. If Miami finds any consistency, then even with Goldielocks, they have a chance.

+1.

And to add to it, with regards to our O, we played 10 less minutes in one game with primarily all backups. This Nebraska clown gets a reality check tomorrow and no, not because Golden is a better coach.

But...Mike Riley?! As if he's Saban or Urban. Lol...get outta here with that noise.

Truthfully, you don't have to be a good coach to beat C A G. Mike London isn't a good coach and he is Folden's boss.

I think it's important to note that you don't have to be a good coach to beat Folden. I can put a headset and generic "Coach" baseball cap on my dyck, and it would out coach Folden.

Advertisement
Oh crap, the secret is out, AL SUCKS. Now everyone will take advantage of the intel to beat us. We no long have the fear of Al's half-time adjustments holding them back.

Calling out for QueenOfShades, I mean QueenOfSpades to the rescue and defense of Al's Honor...

Advertisement
Back