Nicholas Barrett 2021 NT/DT is a Recruit Miami Should Evaluate

Paranos

All-ACC
Nicholas Barrett 2021 NT/DT is a recruit Miami should evaluate for the dline class. Barrett is a 6'4" 330lbs DT with a long wing span and violent hands who's athleticism and short area quickness allows him to defends the RPO quick passing game while playing the run. This young man has a knack for finding the ball carrier and demonstrating a high FBIQ. The North Carolina native recently committed to USCe but with the dumpster fire that is the Gamecocks program, I am thinking Miami could present a better option for the young man. Also he was offered by UVA so his academics are in order.

He reminds me of another North Carolinian dlinemen that came down to play for UM, the infamous Curtis "ball bust'n" Porter. Porter was bad man in the middle of Miami's defense, who played with grown man strength from his freshman year.

Grown man country strong as a junior.

Go Canes

Advertisement
That film is so poor it makes me think they don't want anyone to get a close look.

It's poor country town in North Carolina with a median household income of $35K so the High School is not gonna drop money for a few 4K video cameras. The film was good enough to make an assessment of his abilities.

City Data Link for Goldsboro, NC

Go Canes

This kids brings the HAUS (ole Mandich phrase) like a train , excellent clogger with penetration power never enough of these dudes .

Advertisement
This is the type of player UM has lacked on the dline for a while. He enjoys drawing double teams so his teammates can make plays!!

As a junior, Barrett had 70 tackles with 15 sacks from his interior defensive tackle position ....

Barrett said of his skill set. "I feel like I can draw double teams so that there will be other people free and make tackles and sacks." That is exactly the mindset you want in your 0 or 1 Technique dlinemen.

Go Canes

Their analysis of Barrett is spot on.

Last edited:
It's poor country town in North Carolina with a median household income of $35K so the High School is not gonna drop money for a few 4K video cameras. The film was good enough to make an assessment of his abilities.

City Data Link for Goldsboro, NC

Go Canes
Those country towns are poor and have some rough areas with gang and drug violence. Goldsboro isn’t far from Kinston, another rough spot.... and Wilson too... also a tough spot.

Those country towns are poor and have some rough areas with gang and drug violence. Goldsboro isn’t far from Kinston, another rough spot.... and Wilson too... also a tough spot.

Good thing he is an honor roll student.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Excellent! It would be worth a phone call for sure. 🤔

Especially with Muschamp being fired at USCe. Who knows what defense the new Coach will want. But a kid this big and strong with a quick first step can play in any system, but would thrive in UM'S system.

Go Canes

Excellent! It would be worth a phone call for sure. 🤔

This is type of blue collar country strong kid Miami needs at interior dline.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back