Nice Coach L article

Advertisement
Thank you for posting the article.

Points I got from the article:

"We were involved at the time with some of the best recruits we have ever been involved with. Saddiq Bey is now playing for Villanova. He verbally committed to us. Eric Ayala starts for Maryland. He verbally committed to us. We were still recruiting Nassir Little (North Carolina), Jules Bernard (UCLA) and Jalen Carey who plays at Syracuse. All those guys were right there with us."

Our 2018 recruiting class would have been perimeter heavy but it would have been very good. No more guessing as Coach L has spoken.

2nd point I found interesting from the article. This is his approach to the roster next season

But his strength is also in his back pocket in the form of six scholarships to bring in new talent.

Two have been awarded. Miami signed Anthony Walker, a 6-8 forward from Brewester (NH) Academy and 6-2 guard Isaiah Wong
from Monsignor Bonner (PA). Both are top 150 players. Larranaga's plan is to land one more top tier high school prospect in the coming weeks and one fifth-year transfer big man. His final two scholarships would then go to the best players available with one possibly being a transfer who would have to sit out a year, a path that has been very successful for Larranaga.

It all is an opportunity to get better quickly.

"Now we are starting to replenish the talent pool," Larranaga said. "We have signed two very good players. We are after several more. If we get two or three of them, we will be back where we were a year ago when we were one of the top four teams in the league.

I hope it is two more high school seniors (Harlond Beverly and Tristan Enaruna) and two grad transfers (1 big and 1 wing) to complete the roster.

I don't like the regular transfer route until Kam McGusty makes it past October 2019 since the last few got kicked off the team

Advertisement
The plan sounds good, now he has to execute it.

A 5th yr big, HS wing, regular transfer, and 1 more either HS recruit or 5th yr would give us good roster balance.

Advertisement
Back