New uniform pattern

Advertisement
Does it have tire tracks on it. Nebraska is coming to town. Fat kid up the middle is in play, all day.

Here's what I took from that

(Note: I’m approaching my morning practice blog post this way because the only new observations that came from practice were that injured receiver Braxton Berrios was not at practice — this isn’t a surprise — and safety Dallas Crawford was returning punts along with Joe Yearby, Mark Walton, Herb Waters and Corn Elder. Neither of these updates was important enough for a headline. … So. We’ll have more after players and coaches speak to us later this morning.)

Great move, by a brilliant special teams coach, giving the guy with a 5.0 40 time a chance to return punts.

Advertisement

(Note: I’m approaching my morning practice blog post this way because the only new observations that came from practice were that injured receiver Braxton Berrios was not at practice — this isn’t a surprise — and safety Dallas Crawford was returning punts along with Joe Yearby, Mark Walton, Herb Waters and Corn Elder. Neither of these updates was important enough for a headline. … So. We’ll have more after players and coaches speak to us later this morning.)

Great move, by a brilliant special teams coach, giving the guy with a 5.0 40 time a chance to return punts.

Dallas does one thing as a punt returner at an elite level - he does his job and catches the punt. If you have a guy who runs a 4.4 or 4.5 and uses that speed to break returns, but he doesn't play the special teams scheme, all you have is an explosive returner. You don't have a good football player. Dallas is a good football player.

Shannon did it. I think it was Collier against Duke.

It was against UVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg5G7SJNq6k

Last edited:

Dallas does one thing as a punt returner at an elite level - he does his job and catches the punt. If you have a guy who runs a 4.4 or 4.5 and uses that speed to break returns, but he doesn't play the special teams scheme, all you have is an explosive returner. You don't have a good football player. Dallas is a good football player.

My G-d, that sounds just like Al. Let's play less talented player ___ over more talented player, because less talented does everything we ask of him. That's why were stuck with Kacy Rogers, Fentress and now Crawford, Kamalu and Harris playing over more talented players.

Advertisement

It was against UVA

Collier ran a 4.58 when he came back to Miami to work out for his pro day, FWIW.

It was against UVA

I could watch that Collier return a million times and never get tired of it.

My G-d, that sounds just like Al. Let's play less talented player ___ over more talented player, because less talented does everything we ask of him. That's why were stuck with Kacy Rogers, Fentress and now Crawford, Kamalu and Harris playing over more talented players.

I basically just replaced Trent Harris with Dallas Crawford in the quote Coach D made about Harris a couple weeks ago. And you're right, the same quote could be made about Crawford at safety (instead of someone like Carter or Jenkins), or Kamalu over Chad Thomas, or the players you mentioned in the past.

We certainly don't have the same level of talent that we've had on some of our better teams in recent history, but we certainly do have a bunch of talented players who are sitting behind less talented guys because the less talented guys "do their job." Guess what, part of doing your job as a rush end is getting pressure, and part of your job at LB or safety is actually making plays when you're in the correct spot. We certainly need players to play within the scheme (as terrible as that scheme is), but at a certain point, the balance tips to playing a guy who can actually do something when he is in the right spot.

Advertisement
uniforms are so *** its embarrassing

brilliant move.

"we play like ****....but, if we look like ****, maybe people will focus on that instead of our play"

and its kinda working.... So, what uniform combo are we wearing this Saturday?

Advertisement
i gave the uniform a chance i figured let me see them in it, my god they r awful. u saw the kids reaction to nikes uniforms thats all u need to know, i rather leather helmets then these shyts. fkin feathers lol christ

Advertisement
Back