Off-Topic New TV for the game?

Advertisement
Got a new one a few months ago.

What are you looking for size wise and what is your budget?

Has anyone bought/done any research on a new TV?
I've done some. Waiting a few months to splurge some money. This guy's youtube channel is pretty good for figuring out what is best for you. Whether it's sports, movies, gaming, regular tv/streaming, price, and size.

This is the chart he lays out:

Last edited:
I personally like ROKU streaming with my tv. So MANY apps. Easy to navigate. Simple remote. You can download ROKU remote to your smart phone. But, if you have an iPhone make sure you get a ROKU model that allows for Air Play. You can pretty much stream any video from any app (i.e., FB, Twitter) from your phone to the TV.

Advertisement
If you’re looking more for a super simple interface, a Roku is definitely the way to go.

But Roku TV’s are typically lower end models in terms of specs.

Again, I don’t know your budget so it’s hard to give a perfect answer.

Last edited:
All those are all 50 inch models, which is the recommended size for a living room.

If you’re looking for a bedroom TV, go with a 40/42 inch.

Advertisement
That guy's channel was super helpful for me. I never really put much thought into tv shopping, assuming most expensive = best. I figured I already had the new TV and a/v receiver I wanted to go with my PS5. I had zero clue how important a specific thing like hdmi 2.1 ports are for gaming, or an AVR for a small home theater set up. I felt like I dodged a train. Saved me from throwing away thousands on two devices that were essentially obsolete for what I wanted.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back