MEGA New Miami Adidas Ultraboost🔥 - The Shoe and Nike/Adidas Thread.

Not sure what there is to like about Kyrie. Regardless of what he's actually saying, he's just a professional contrarian. The book thing could have easily been squashed but he just refuses to be wrong about anything.

He’s done a lot of good behind the scenes, but ur point is very valid.

Advertisement
The dunks finally arrived. I hoped it was just bad lighting when people posted their photos. If they weren't free I'd be ****ed because this is closer to safety vest orange than I hoped. Probably won't wear them with canes gear to be honest, just sit on them and hope they appreciate.

The dunks finally arrived. I hoped it was just bad lighting when people posted their photos. If they weren't free I'd be ****ed because this is closer to safety vest orange than I hoped. Probably won't wear them with canes gear to be honest, just sit on them and hope they appreciate.

Maybe he can best explain it.

Advertisement
Yeah, saw this & he low key got roasted for it. Kyrie & Ye both heading down paths that makes zero sense. Like no one held neither of them hostage. Lol

Paid them millions too.

I'm not saying everything was perfect for either Kyrie or Kanye, but come on...most all of us would take "less-than-ideal" if we were well-compensated.

Life is not perfect. We don't get everything we want every single day.

Advertisement
Paid them millions too.

I'm not saying everything was perfect for either Kyrie or Kanye, but come on...most all of us would take "less-than-ideal" if we were well-compensated.

Life is not perfect. We don't get everything we want every single day.

Yeah; & both brought upon themselves the backlash. In Kyrie’s case, he’s been a part time player for the vast majority of his career, he’s been controversial both on & off the court, & Nike stood by. Well, all he had to do was articulate himself on the tweet & state he wasn’t anti-Semitic. He refused for weeks, & only when chit hit the fan that he apologized.

On another note, Nike HAS to be kicking themselves in the balls for putting Kyrie as a priority over Steph. I read that deal cost Nike about $14b in projected loss revenue. All they had to do was pronounce his name correctly & give him his own b-ball camp. Brother, I still remember it like it was yesterday; I was across the hotel from where it happened at. It was a layup deal, & it was unbelievably botched.

Mario's favorites.

FjqVCGAXwAEui1L

Advertisement
Advertisement
How do u know that?
I don’t know anything. I’m just saying, you don’t know what’s in a sponsorship contract, probably a lot of stuff that takes away their freedom of speech and what not. That’s why Ye has been alluding to lately

I don’t know anything. I’m just saying, you don’t know what’s in a sponsorship contract, probably a lot of stuff that takes away their freedom of speech and what not. That’s why Ye has been alluding to lately

In all due respect, I think citing a source of Ye is probably not the best.

No one is taking away anyone’s “freedom of speech.” If they didn’t have freedom of speech they would be arrested, tarred & feathered or publicly executed. There’s a stark difference in freedom of speech vs. reaction to what’s said. As an example: if u’re at a bar & a guy comes up to u and say, “U punk *** bytch; I’ll fck ur girl right now, pu$$y”, that’s his freedom of speech invoked. The consequences that ensues thereafter is incumbent of how offended u feel.

If u’re troping language about Hitler being a good guy, death to Jews, admitting u meant to be racist, then there’s a great chance a global sponsor is going to drop ur a$$ b/c, by extension, u’re a representation of them.

I know exactly what Kyrie’s contract states, from fine print & all. Kyrie is a person who choose to go against the grain, which was fine, but when u’re promoting a book that states The Holocaust wasn’t real & greatly exaggerated, then yeah, there’s a good chance u’ll be dropped. Just like if an athlete is busted doing PEDs, Domestic Abuse, Drugs, etc. U’re an extension of this brand’s image; so yes, if u do or say chit that’s a poor look towards said brand who’s investing millions upon millions & in some cases, billions of dollars into u, u’re going to get dropped.

You need to stop.

"Freedom of speech" relates to whether the GOVERNMENT can restrict your speech. Just stop talking about stuff you know nothing about.

COMMERCIAL speech has always been subject to limitations. There is, literally, no avoiding that. No company in its right mind allows a paid spokesperson to go out into the world and say things that are offensive to a significant percentage of the consumer base. It's just not done or tolerated, at least without breach and/or damages clauses as protection.

If Kyrie Irving or Kanye West want to "speak their mind" with absolutely no ramifications, the answer is simple. Don't do any endorsements or joint ventures with any other companies.

Otherwise, keep your "freedom of speech" to yourself and stop offending ANY fraction of your potential consumer base.

For the one-billionth time, the GOVERNMENT did not step in to take any action against Kanye or Kyrie. Corporations did. And they have the right to do so.

Advertisement
Back