MEGA New Miami Adidas UltraboostšŸ”„ - The Shoe and Nike/Adidas Thread.

In all due respect, I think citing a source of Ye is probably not the best.

No one is taking away anyoneā€™s ā€œfreedom of speech.ā€ If they didnā€™t have freedom of speech they would be arrested, tarred & feathered or publicly executed. Thereā€™s a stark difference in freedom of speech vs. reaction to whatā€™s said. As an example: if uā€™re at a bar & a guy comes up to u and say, ā€œU punk *** bytch; Iā€™ll fck ur girl right now, pu$$yā€, thatā€™s his freedom of speech invoked. The consequences that ensues thereafter is incumbent of how offended u feel.

If uā€™re troping language about ****** being a good guy, death to Jews, admitting u meant to be racist, then thereā€™s a great chance a global sponsor is going to drop ur a$$ b/c, by extension, uā€™re a representation of them.

I know exactly what Kyrieā€™s contract states, from fine print & all. Kyrie is a person who choose to go against the grain, which was fine, but when uā€™re promoting a book that states The Holocaust wasnā€™t real & greatly exaggerated, then yeah, thereā€™s a good chance uā€™ll be dropped. Just like if an athlete is busted doing PEDs, Domestic Abuse, Drugs, etc. Uā€™re an extension of this brandā€™s image; so yes, if u do or say chit thatā€™s a poor look towards said brand whoā€™s investing millions upon millions & in some cases, billions of dollars into u, uā€™re going to get dropped.
Okay not meaning ā€˜freedom of speechā€™ all encompassing, but there could be specific things they canā€™t talk about like politics or something, currents events, idk. So link the contract then if you got it

Advertisement
Okay not meaning ā€˜freedom of speechā€™ all encompassing, but there could be specific things they canā€™t talk about like politics or something, currents events, idk. So link the contract then if you got it

Link the contract? adidas has been doing endorsment deals for the better part of the last 100 years, and you think that because Kanye "alluded" to something in an interview...that adidas has utterly failed to include boilerplate language in its contracts?

Hilarious.

Look, we are not talking about Beta Blake drafting a contract with Arkansas State here. We are talking about a worldwide publicly-traded company that has been doing this for decades. If you honestly believe that there were no clauses in any of Kanye's contracts that cover this situation, then you are nuts. And YOU should be the one to provide the contract, not me. YOU are the one choosing to believe an interview "allusion" means that Kanye has properly read (and/or understood) the contracts he signed.

If I had to choose between who knew more about the terms of Kanye's contract with adidas, and the choice was between @Rellyrell and Kanye West himself, I would choose @Rellyrell every time. Kanye did not even realize that the designs (outside of the slides) were not his to keep. Kanye did not even realize that certain money "due to" him could be frozen or held in escrow.

At this point, Kanye could tell me anything about his adidas contract and I would not believe it at face value.

Again, neither said anything political. Kyrie have talked politics, Ye said Blacks chose slavery, Kyrie have said the earth is flat, & the jab was the greatest violation in human rights history. Nothing happened.

Furthermore, why in the fck would I post someoneā€™s personal contract? What; to prove a point to a ninja I will never see or meet? How bout u post ur social security #, if u got it.

Kanye should have listened to this album as much as I did...

1670961412664.jpeg

Again, neither said anything political. Kyrie have talked politics, Ye said Blacks chose slavery, Kyrie have said the earth is flat, & the jab was the greatest violation in human rights history. Nothing happened.

Furthermore, why in the fck would I post someoneā€™s personal contract? What; to prove a point to a ninja I will never see or meet? How bout u post ur social security #, if u got it.
You said you saw the contract I thought maybe itā€™s public record or some **** at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just a FYI, Adidas is going through a class-action lawsuit w/ consumers right now. Apparently both themselves & Crocs were using consumer information for re-sell w/o knowledge; & in Adidas case, when consumers used the chat feature to check on products, in real time, they authorized a 3rd party to collect data w/o consent or consumer notification. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

Just a FYI, Adidas is going through a class-action lawsuit w/ consumers right now. Apparently both themselves & Crocs were using consumer information for re-sell w/o knowledge; & in Adidas case, when consumers used the chat feature to check on products, in real time, they authorized a 3rd party to collect data w/o consent or consumer notification. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬
Ruh Roh.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Iā€™m mad the #2ā€™s r starting to get love! Lol. I used to be able to sneak both the #2ā€™s & any Jordan 1 mids b/c ppl hated both shoes, but now they r trending. Thatā€™s a good pick up!

So, my Google has gotten to know me, and yesterday there was an article that popped up on my phone that was "the oral history of the Jordan 2s", and it was talking about the development of that shoe. Fascinating stuff, I didn't really know how "Italy" factored in, though I had heard about "Italian race cars" on later Jordan models.

Everyone builds up the 3 because of Tinker Hatfield, but I can definitely see what a big swing the 2 was, away from the 1. And while I love the 1, we all have to admit that the Airship and the Air Force and the Dunks all look strikingly similar to the Jordan 1s.

But nothing looks like the 2s and 3s and 4s...

Last edited:
So, my Google has gotten to know me, and yesterday there was an article that popped up on my phone that was "the oral history of the Jordan 2s", and it was talking about the development of that shoe. Fascinating stuff, I didn't really know how "Italy" factored in, though I had heard about "Italian race cars" on later Jordan models.

Everyone builds up the 3 because of Tinker Hatfield, but I can definitely see what a big swing the 2 was, away from the 1. And while I love the 1, we all have to admit that the Airship and the Air Force and the Dunks all look strikingly similar to the Jordan 1s.

But nothing looks like the 2s and 3s and 4s...

Funny enough, the dunks was created for the college spirit. It was literally made to rival The Jordan 1ā€™s. The Dunks would be the cheaper version, made for the struggling, college student (hence, the plethora of different collegiate color ways), & The Jordanā€™s would be for the working class. It was an absolute hit. So yeah, thatā€™s not a coincidence.

But Iā€™ve always loved The Jordan 2ā€™s b/c they stood out on their own. A lot of ppl hated the design, but now itā€™s become popular. I loved my Melo Jordan 2ā€™s, & they r low key comfortable. I gifted my Melos to my cousinā€™s brother in law after he graduated from Syracuse. Heā€™s in love w/ Melo, & we wore the same shoe size. Kinda regret it b/c theyā€™ve increased in value by 200%! Lol

Iā€™m mad the #2ā€™s r starting to get love! Lol. I used to be able to sneak both the #2ā€™s & any Jordan 1 mids b/c ppl hated both shoes, but now they r trending. Thatā€™s a good pick up!

Got these 2's tucked away!

air-jordan-2-white-red-1.jpg

Advertisement
Back