New line-up.

Advertisement
So you would stay with current lineup? Vilar is 19-93 in his last 23 gamesn need to get him out of the 2 spot and Gil is 20-89 with 5 of those hits coming in 1 game. We need a shakeup in the lineup. Also would not hurt to space out the lefties.

Just hope and pray whatever we do works. I'm really only concerned about our defense. I think if they do their part, starting pitching and bats can do enough, maybe homer outlook, with clean d we can beat anybody.

I don't care what lineup is used. Cane success depends on 2 things...effective pitching, and most important, not the ****** defense they've been playing

Advertisement
Lala
Vilar
Zamora
Del
Toral
Gates
Gil
Amditis
Jenkins

Gil now leads the team in Ks and should not be batting 5th

Lala
Vilar
Zamora
Del
Toral
Gates
Gil
Amditis
Jenkins

Gil now leads the team in Ks and should not be batting 5th

I was guessing that Gino would flip Gil and Toral in the lineup after the ACC tourney. But assuming we win Game 1, I doubt it happens vs MS ST since their ace is LH.

I could see Amditis moved up a spot or two though, as he has been seeing the ball well the last few weeks.

Any thoughts on the following??

Lala
Zamora
Del
Toral
Amditis
Gil
Gates
Jenkins
Vilar

• Vilar has been struggling big time and Possibly giving him the 2nd table setter spot would be a boon. Having Jenkins ahead of him is important because Tony just seems to get on base whether by walk or any other method.
  • Toral and Amditis deserve to move up the ladder as they have been hitting the ball well over the 2nd half of the season.
  • I would still give Gil the benefit of the doubt with a solid hitter in Gates behind him.
  • Escala and Rivera are the next men up if necessary both in the infield or the outfield, respectively.

Next topic, could be the next thread, is whom to pitch in the first three games?? My thoughts would be...
McKendry - Let him move up a game as our top starter, yet pitch against the 3rd seed in the region which is a lesser task than the weekend work. By stats, he has been our 4th worst starter.
Van Belle - I still think he is our most solid starter right now and gives us the best chance to move through the winners' bracket.
McMahon - Should be for the Regional title. I'm more than comfortable with our "2nd best pitcher" pitching this game
Cecconi - if needed

Any thoughts on the following??

Lala
Zamora
Del
Toral
Amditis
Gil
Gates
Jenkins
Vilar

• Vilar has been struggling big time and Possibly giving him the 2nd table setter spot would be a boon. Having Jenkins ahead of him is important because Tony just seems to get on base whether by walk or any other method.
  • Toral and Amditis deserve to move up the ladder as they have been hitting the ball well over the 2nd half of the season.
  • I would still give Gil the benefit of the doubt with a solid hitter in Gates behind him.
  • Escala and Rivera are the next men up if necessary both in the infield or the outfield, respectively.

Next topic, could be the next thread, is whom to pitch in the first three games?? My thoughts would be...
McKendry - Let him move up a game as our top starter, yet pitch against the 3rd seed in the region which is a lesser task than the weekend work. By stats, he has been our 4th worst starter.
Van Belle - I still think he is our most solid starter right now and gives us the best chance to move through the winners' bracket.
McMahon - Should be for the Regional title. I'm more than comfortable with our "2nd best pitcher" pitching this game
Cecconi - if needed

I could see starting Evan against C Mich, since he hasn't been all that sharp since his return, but I'd throw McMahon against MS St if we advance. I think he gives us our best chance at getting to the title game w no losses.

And we have a history of hitting other team's aces well in big games (although they were usually fireballers). Maybe Gino has a secret formula for getting them prepared.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back