New Baseball Writer

Lance Roffers

Junior
Hello all, first off I wanted to say thank you to Stefan and Danny for the opportunity to join the staff here at CanesInsight. They have presented me with the opportunity to be the lead baseball writer for our Miami Hurricanes baseball team and I am looking forward to bringing you more threads and coverage of the team.

A little bit about me: I have been with the board for some time under the name @HurricaneVision and have written film reviews for the football board in the past. I will also be responsible for writing articles centering around X's and O's with the football team, with my main area of focus being the defensive side of the ball. I live in Springfield, Missouri but have been a life-long Canes fan. I used to videotape any Miami Hurricanes game that was actually broadcast and as a kid I cried while Warren Morris was circling the bases. I got my initial start in writing with the sport of baseball covering the minor leagues for the St. Louis Cardinals and have a special affinity for the game.

My approach will be a tad more analytical than what you'll find on many of the Canes blogs regarding the baseball team and hopefully the databases that I keep will bring a new element to the board that has been absent in the past. It is my vision to build this board into more than what it currently is and I will need your help in making it the place to talk Miami Hurricanes baseball on the internet. Please reach out to me with any questions/concerns you have and I will do my best to answer questions, bring new and desired content, as well as to help make the board more represented with the site.

Bright things are ahead for our team and our board!

Advertisement
Congrats! Looking forward to more of your insights over the course of the season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hello all, first off I wanted to say thank you to Stefan and Danny for the opportunity to join the staff here at CanesInsight. They have presented me with the opportunity to be the lead baseball writer for our Miami Hurricanes baseball team and I am looking forward to bringing you more threads and coverage of the team.

A little bit about me: I have been with the board for some time under the name @HurricaneVision and have written film reviews for the football board in the past. I will also be responsible for writing articles centering around X's and O's with the football team, with my main area of focus being the defensive side of the ball. I live in Springfield, Missouri but have been a life-long Canes fan. I used to videotape any Miami Hurricanes game that was actually broadcast and as a kid I cried while Warren Morris was circling the bases. I got my initial start in writing with the sport of baseball covering the minor leagues for the St. Louis Cardinals and have a special affinity for the game.

My approach will be a tad more analytical than what you'll find on many of the Canes blogs regarding the baseball team and hopefully the databases that I keep will bring a new element to the board that has been absent in the past. It is my vision to build this board into more than what it currently is and I will need your help in making it the place to talk Miami Hurricanes baseball on the internet. Please reach out to me with any questions/concerns you have and I will do my best to answer questions, bring new and desired content, as well as to help make the board more represented with the site.

Bright things are ahead for our team and our board!

LOL.
Did you lose a bet?
Kudos to you for covering UM baseball.
Like digging ditches, someone has to do it!
Anyways, welcome to the Titanic, I hear they have a nice buffet.

my brother in law is Mike Perez. He's currently the top hitter on the team, let me know if you'd like to interview him or if you have questions. Im at every home game, and every away game within reasonable distance. @Lance Roffers Go canes!

my brother in law is Mike Perez. He's currently the top hitter on the team, let me know if you'd like to interview him or if you have questions. Im at every home game, and every away game within reasonable distance. @Lance Roffers Go canes!

I'd love to talk to him. What a great story he is for this club!

Advertisement
Never been the biggest baseball fan, know the basics but I am looking to get more involved in the sport especially at the college level. Look forward to following your coverage/insight

Advertisement
Back