New b-ball offer

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
6-9 PF from Chicago, Marlon Jones. We offered him today. He's a 3-star on 247, ESPN and Yahoo and has offers from St. Johns, Tulane and Loyola-Chicago according to 247, but Purdue, Colorado State, Baylor and Mizzou according to ESPN. Not sure what to make of that. Anyone know anything about this guy? Josh?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Would be a nice pick up. Probably a year away from being a true impact player but that #22 in the highlights is #1 recruit in country

Advertisement
6-9 PF from Chicago, Marlon Jones. We offered him today. He's a 3-star on 247, ESPN and Yahoo and has offers from St. Johns, Tulane and Loyola-Chicago according to 247, but Purdue, Colorado State, Baylor and Mizzou according to ESPN. Not sure what to make of that. Anyone know anything about this guy? Josh?

You rang?

Don't know a ton - from what I've heard, he may be somewhat underrated due to the depth in that city (producing the two best bigs in the class this year) and somewhat underevaluated due to injuries, AAU turmoil, etc. From what I've seen, he's pretty athletic and smooth but very skinny, and would likely (in another year) be a redshirt candidate if we took him at all. Kids at this stage of the game are crapshoots.

Also, look for us to contact and offer Phil Cofer, who just decommitted from Tennessee. We were involved with him for awhile and I believe were in his top 5, but he committed to Tennessee last summer (his dad played football there). He's not a bruiser either - probably 6'8", 205 or 210 pounds - but is supposed to be freakishly athletic. He's a top 125 player, borderline 4-star type kid who could probably make some contributions at the 4 right away, especially in a "bigger" lineup with Reed at the 3 and McClellan at the 2.

Last edited:

@SwagAir: 2014 PF Marlon Jones of Chicago Orr (IL) has committed to Loyola Chicago.

Never made it on any visits outside of his hometown.

Advertisement
Back