Not Planned Negging Reactions Revision

gruntking

Make Lies Wrong Again
Because there are some members who have been abusing the negative reactions, it would help the forum if some changes could be made.
1) If negging a post with especially a Dumb or Dislike reaction, you should be required to at least reply to the post explaining why... with an established minimum amount of words.
2) Or simply limit a members use of negging reactions on a daily or weekly or even lifetime max.
Personally I'd like to see them eliminated all together. Like my mom used to say "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all".

Advertisement
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Advertisement
Because there are some members who have been abusing the negative reactions, it would help the forum if some changes could be made.
1) If negging a post with especially a Dumb or Dislike reaction, you should be required to at least reply to the post explaining why... with an established minimum amount of words.
2) Or simply limit a members use of negging reactions on a daily or weekly or even lifetime max.
Personally I'd like to see them eliminated all together. Like my mom used to say "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all".
We used to have a system like this originally. You were required to type a message that showed up on the negee's (?) notifications for a neg, nothing for a positive. And you had to dole out X amount of rep actions before giving out another to the same person so you couldn't spam negs on the same person. I think the wEz still uses that system but I'm not sure. But, people used it as a means type abusive messages to people, so it was removed. I actually prefer the original rep system but understand why it was changed.

1596593396111.gif

We used to have a system like this originally. You were required to type a message that showed up on the negee's (?) notifications for a neg, nothing for a positive. I think the wEz still uses that system but I'm not sure. But, people used it as a means type abusive messages to people, so it was removed. I actually prefer the original rep system but understand why it was changed.
Yes the Wez works that way, you only can give positive "reputation" points... if CIS used to be that way then we went in the wrong direction imo. And if people become abusive then they can be dealt with by the existing monitoring rules oversite.
To be fair to posters here, you should not be able to neg a post without articulating a reason... it gives the site a better look and helps eliminate the habitual negging by many jackoffs on this site. Just a suggestion.

Advertisement
Yes the Wez works that way, you only can give positive "reputation" points... if CIS used to be that way then we went in the wrong direction imo. And if people become abusive then they can be dealt with by the existing monitoring rules oversite.
To be fair to posters here, you should not be able to neg a post without articulating a reason... it gives the site a better look and helps eliminate the habitual negging by many jackoffs on this site. Just a suggestion.
I understand and again I preferred the system that we originally had, I just think it created more problems than it was worth for the powers that be. Usually you'd rather people take *****fests to pm so threads don't derail to unreadable status, but people were basically harrassing others and there were tons of complaints.

Last edited:
We used to have a system like this originally. You were required to type a message that showed up on the negee's (?) notifications for a neg, nothing for a positive. And you had to dole out X amount of rep actions before giving out another to the same person so you couldn't spam negs on the same person. I think the wEz still uses that system but I'm not sure. But, people used it as a means type abusive messages to people, so it was removed. I actually prefer the original rep system but understand why it was changed.
This is a good idea and if someone crosses the line in a comment they can be subject to an infraction. We have a few serial dumbvoters and down voters here but if it’s too much hassle for the mods then I have enough already. I have no issue with mods addressing serial pests if there’s a good way to make it simple for all.

This is a good idea and if someone crosses the line in a comment they can be subject to an infraction. We have a few serial dumbvoters and down voters here
That's why it worked better on wEz where it's a free for all. Some of the better memories of that place was clicking on the names with the lowest rep and reading their neg comments. lol

I've had a stalker on the past who lost an argument and followed me around for a while giving dislikes on everything I posted. Its a complete bytch move. It would be nice if there was a limit. That would allow genuine dislikes and prevent Fatal Attraction stalkers.

Advertisement
I've had a stalker on the past who lost an argument and followed me around for a while giving dislikes on everything I posted. Its a complete bytch move. It would be nice if there was a limit. That would allow genuine dislikes and prevent Fatal Attraction stalkers.
Great post, I've adopted one myself. Tetra dumb votes anyone who "leans right" and gets all in her feelings, going back in my post history and marking posts dumb that are literally from years ago. She has marked 803 of my posts dumb, since the covid board started and that's not a typo. She's a partisan hack and a triggered, raging lunatic.
Craval has just started the same thing but is only up to 60. LOL

Great post, I've adopted one myself. Tetra dumb votes anyone who "leans right" and gets all in her feelings, going back in my post history and marking posts dumb that are literally from years ago. She has marked 803 of my posts dumb, since the covid board started and that's not a typo. She's a partisan hack and a triggered, raging lunatic.
Craval has just started the same thing but is only up to 60. LOL
@RVA had one named John who followed him around. Mine was named Turnip. You've got two?

Advertisement
Another reason the idea of a reverse block/ignore is valid. If your stalker could see not your posts they would not be able to neg you,

Maybe just remove the functionality from the worst offenders.

View attachment 126873
Simply limit the amount of negs that a member can give on a daily or weekly or whatever amount of time. Come on dude, Ray Charles can see that there's a select few that are systematically abusing it... and there isn't a single one that has explained why they don't like the idea... ******* pathetic.

Advertisement
Back