Negative Recruiting

Lol you know what funny? Randy was actually the one bad mouthing us at Arkansas.

Randy: "listen, kid, they gon get hit wif major sanctions. De penalties gon come outta de woodwerks. Dey might even git de deaf penalty. I knows dis, you gotta see dat."

Advertisement
He bad mouthed a situation he created, what's even worse is kids like Kirkland and Collins believed him.

Oh, and they paid Gatewood. Bagman gon Bagman.

David Williams the all-american running back from Pa was swayed. It's also obvious that Keith was a spy and they tried to use Kermit as one. FSU and Arkansas are garbage. Arkansas has a class of 2 stars.

Al gotta stop thinking that this is some sort of "honor amongst thieves" type deal. Teams are going to negative recruit us man. If you didn't point out to the kid that there is a 100 spot difference between a Arkansas and Miami education, that's your fault. If you didn't point out the disadvantage of playing on field turf, that's your fault. If you didn't point out how the manner in which Bielema uses his running backs, isn't conducive to your draft stock or future NFL success, that's your fault.

This isn't a game of honesty and loyalty.

There's a difference between pointing out the facts that you referenced (i.e., field turf, academic rankings) and making **** up to scare kids (i.e., UM is going to get hammered by the NCAA). The former is good solid recruiting and emphasizing your strengths. The latter is ***gotry and ghost hunting.

Advertisement
Al gotta stop thinking that this is some sort of "honor amongst thieves" type deal. Teams are going to negative recruit us man. If you didn't point out to the kid that there is a 100 spot difference between a Arkansas and Miami education, that's your fault. If you didn't point out the disadvantage of playing on field turf, that's your fault. If you didn't point out how the manner in which Bielema uses his running backs, isn't conducive to your draft stock or future NFL success, that's your fault.

Would you NOT call out that bull**** publicly? I would.

Doesn't mean you're naive about how the game works.

Sitting back and saying nothing is kinda *****-like. You gotta call a douche a douche.

Who cares? This is recruiting war. You do everything you can to ink a player. This shouldn't upset or surprise anyone.

You don't ignore it. It's not acceptable, and it's not the first time it happened. I heard some years ago that one of our head coaches called Bowden to complain about it. That doesn't mean it stops, but it's better to confront it head on and let the perpetrators know that we won't sit idly by. There's not that much you can do, I guess, but beat their asses off. When Dennis Erickson won an NC in his first year, he had a miserable recruiting season a month later. He was shocked at the dirty recruiting (all the schools telling kids they'd never get playing time because we were so loaded with talent--which was not true, or that Erickson would be gone to the NFL soon.) That might be why Dennis told people he was going to kick Bowden's *** from one end of the Orange Bowl to the other, and, with Steve McGuire's legs, he did.

We've never indulged in it to the extent places like FSU and others have.

Lol you know what funny? Randy was actually the one bad mouthing us at Arkansas.

Randy: "listen, kid, they gon get hit wif major sanctions. De penalties gon come outta de woodwerks. Dey might even git de deaf penalty. I knows dis, you gotta see dat."

An de freshmens aint goin be flyin aroun. Caus dey ain't gonna be no freshmens caus de probashun.

A 100 spot difference between Miami and Arkansas in education isn't negative recruiting, it's a fact. Saying we are getting the death penalty is negative recruiting, because it is a lie.

Advertisement
Frankly, I don't give a ****. They'll have nothing this year and it will show.

Listen, I don't care if Al Golden has to tell recruits that Jimbo is *** and will rape them. Just get the f-ing players.

This is why I never thought Coley would be a legitimate candidate for OC. He was one of the worst ones when at fsu. Him and Gran.

Advertisement
You know what shuts them the F up?! 1)Call them on it! 2)Let the world know they are wrong! 3)Then prove it by taking away their OC who is an FSU alum and one of their best recruiters to take the same position at their arch rival of whom they are talking **** about! 4)And end it with kicking their *** next year and so on!! 1, 2 & 3 have been done now do #4 and call it a fricking day! Frick 2013 season cant get here soon enough!!

I wonder if it was awkward between Coley and the remaining 2012 staff. He was probably one of the biggest negative recruiters at FSU.

Advertisement
I wonder if it was awkward between Coley and the remaining 2012 staff. He was probably one of the biggest negative recruiters at FSU.

I don't think so, like others have posted, they understand it is the nature of the beast, and he had an advantage over UM while at FSU, we may not like it, but it is what it is and I have no doubt in my mind Golden and co. would do the same over their recruiting rivals if the tables were turned. Just like Golden was also right in calling them out, use every medium possible to get your message out.

Which also goes to all those guys wondering what impact Coley had in this class, well it was none, first he came in right at the end of recruiting, and second and most importantly Golden said it, he wasn't going to have him go to these kids that up until yesterday was recruiting against Miami and tell these same kids, "you know all that stuff I told you and sold you about not going to UM? Yeah I was lying about that." It may be just me but that message wouldn't resonate well with the kids, and their parents, and their coaches.

Advertisement
Back