ND @ Miami Game One

Lance Roffers

Junior
Bargfeldt gets through the 1st inning. Tony Jenkins leads off with a double and then Burns tries to bunt on a 2-0 count and pops it up.

A season long continuation of poor fundamentals offensively. What makes it worse is that it was ball three.

Make pitchers earn it.

Advertisement
Bargfeldt gets through the 1st inning. Tony Jenkins leads off with a double and then Burns tries to bunt on a 2-0 count and pops it up.

A season long continuation of poor fundamentals offensively. What makes it worse is that it was ball three.

Make pitchers earn it.
Bottom of 1st, lead off double by Jenkins. Burns tries to bunt with a 2-0 count, blunts a pitch for a pop-up out that was chest level. WTF is this guy thinking? Zamora grounds out to second to move Jenkins to 3rd. Perez late on the swing twice from a guy that throws 84 mph. I called strike 3 curveball before pitch was even made. Strike 3 swinging, runner stranded at 3rd.

PATHETIC!!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Home plate umpire is terrible. 1st few innings very tight. Now he's calling strikes that are in the batter's box chalk along with pitxhes at the ankles.

Why can't the guys get the bat around on this ND pitcher. Bottom of the 4th and 2 outs. Zamora on a 3-0 count hit a week infield pop up that looks like he got jammed or something. If you are swinging on a 3-0 count, you should be way out in front of the pitch if anything. This ND pitcher is throwing 82-84 mph. WTF is up with the hitting? They had 1 good inning at the plate and scored 2 runs. They've got to drive the runners in. Too many runners being left on base.

ND catcher down possibily hit from check swing or just passed out. He's up. Canes batting continues to suck. Does this team have a pulse

Advertisement
Hunter Tackett having himself a heck of a day!!! Not sure why he wasn't in the lineup at the beginning of the season. I thinks stats in the lineup from here on out.

Bottom of the 7th with1 out and bases loaded.
Once again a failure to put the ball in play by back 2 back batters. I really want to pull my hair out with this team. This game should already be on lock. Instead, letting ND hang around up 3-0. Should be at least 5-0.

Bartfeld pitching a he'll of a game. Deserves a win.

Advertisement
Pretty much rinse/repeat from Wednesday against FIU but with a stronger starting pitching performance tonight. We still need better situational hitting especially from Gonzalez and Burns.
I've been impressed with Quinones the last few games. He seems like a bit of an upgrade defensively over Amditis at the moment. If he continues hitting fairly well a strong case could be made for DHing Amditis when he gets back. Fewer chances to get injured if nothing else.
We really need Veliz to throw strikes early and keep his pitch count down on the front end of the doubleheader. If not, it's the perfect opportunity to move McKendry up a day for the Duke series.

Nice win, with some really poor situational hitting (again). Hunter Tackett provided a boost tonight.

Quinones is hitting and defending better than Amditis was doing. Perhaps he will provide more value than expected this year.

Bargfeldt really pitched well. Notre Dame jersey's were...let's just say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Pretty much rinse/repeat from Wednesday against FIU but with a stronger starting pitching performance tonight. We still need better situational hitting especially from Gonzalez and Burns.
I've been impressed with Quinones the last few games. He seems like a bit of an upgrade defensively over Amditis at the moment. If he continues hitting fairly well a strong case could be made for DHing Amditis when he gets back. Fewer chances to get injured if nothing else.
We really need Veliz to throw strikes early and keep his pitch count down on the front end of the doubleheader. If not, it's the perfect opportunity to move McKendry up a day for the Duke series.

Ditto on Gonzalez and Burns - the freshmen are hitting better and are more composed than these two. Burns seems to really be pressing, and I don't know what's going on with Gonzalez. I know hitting can be streaky and the mental part plays a big role; so, I'd move Burns down in the order and see if he doesn't relax a little more.

Romy needs to stay back and look for off speed stuff like he did on the long out last night.

Advertisement
Back