NCAA Infractions By Players & Its Member Institutions

Ropa

Band
Banned
If the NCAA and it's member Colleges and Universities seriously want to slow down these infractions then why is it that you learn of the players or member institutions names but never the accomplice unless they are tied to some federal investigation? To this day most people don't know the names of these companies that these student athletes allegedly had shady dealings.

I hope that this is not a violation of this boards rules by asking this serious question. But, I just think that if the accomplices were exposed as much as the student athlete then you would find less businesses and organizations that get involved in these deals that violate NCAA rules.

What do you guys think?

Advertisement
1) WTF are you talking about?
2) You couldn't find one of the existing threads on this topic already?

If the NCAA and it's member Colleges and Universities seriously want to slow down these infractions then why is it that you learn of the players or member institutions names but never the accomplice unless they are tied to some federal investigation? To this day most people don't know the names of these companies that these student athletes allegedly had shady dealings.

I hope that this is not a violation of this boards rules by asking this serious question. But, I just think that if the accomplices were exposed as much as the student athlete then you would find less businesses and organizations that get involved in these deals that violate NCAA rules.

What do you guys think?

Totally agree with you, plus the members/company should be banned from campus, etc. o having any interaction with the players.

1) WTF are you talking about?
2) You couldn't find one of the existing threads on this topic already?

I slogged through 23 pages, but would rather read something brief like this that goes in a different direction. I agree that anyone who puts our players and team at risk should be called out specifically. I would make it a point to NOT deal with that company.

Advertisement

What do you guys think?

two thoughts come to mind:

1) These companies have employees and owners who often support the university and its programs financially. The NCAA is not going to bite the hand that feeds its members.

2) Because these companies have not really broken any laws. They are not under NCAA control, unles there are individuals who are registered boosters, which is a loose control anyway as the NCAA can only band them from being boosters.

Those are good answers SFBAYCANE. But why then is the media following the NCAA's lead by turning the attention away from these accomplices? To me these would be the kinds of stories that any young journalist would love to take on while everyone focuses on the student athletes. To do otherwise is bad journalism.

Those are good answers SFBAYCANE. But why then is the media following the NCAA's lead by turning the attention away from these accomplices? To me these would be the kinds of stories that any young journalist would love to take on while everyone focuses on the student athletes. To do otherwise is bad journalism.

Again, two thoughts:

1) The media can be sued. If they try to make a business look bad by doing what you espouse in your OP, they could open themselves up to a law suit based on lost revenue to the business.

2) The sports media has a vested, financial interest in preserving the NCAA's status quo.

Advertisement
Back