NCAA Hire of note

Astcloud11

Senior
Premium
Wonder how this will affect Miami and the ACC when it comes to affairs to the NCAA.

NCAA’s new executive vice president of regulatory affairs has been hired, and it is Stan Wilcox;
FSU AD from 2013 until today
Senior Deputy Director of Athletics for duke from 2008-2013
Deputy Director of Athletics for Notre Dame from 2005-2008
11 years as an associate commissioner for the Big East
Represented the Big East in the NCAA Management Council from 2000-05
Was already currently apart of the NCAA Football Oversight Committe and Internal ACC Network Content Committee

So pretty much, this guy was near the top of the Big East when Miami was the money horse for the conference, then he has helped out with some ACC things since being affiliated with the conference as an employee for Duke in 2008. His alma mater (ND) is also an ACC affiliate. This should be a positive for the conference, as there's no question that the SEC has so much power at the top they get away with tons.

Advertisement
So the FSU AD is jumping Ship as well, I guess he saw what was coming in the years to come.

He's just another Tobacco Road Mafia associate, he won't be of any help to Miami.

The only time we'll get help on the upstairs executive level of the NCAA is if we ever get one of our own in there, otherwise former Dukees & Notre Dame guys have never had any kind of soft spot for Miami & they never will.

Advertisement
He's just another Tobacco Road Mafia associate, he won't be of any help to Miami.

The only time we'll get help on the upstairs executive level of the NCAA is if we ever get one of our own in there, otherwise former Dukees & Notre Dame guys have never had any kind of soft spot for Miami & they never will.

I was thinking the exact same thing reading this. TU to OP for posting the info, but disagree with his conclusions.

I was thinking the exact same thing reading this. TU to OP for posting the info, but disagree with his conclusions.

Yeah, its just my personal opinion. If an Auburn alumn worked for the SEC while Bama was bringing in big bucks to his conference, I don't expect him to do everything to bring down Bama.

Then again I'd **** over FSU any chance I got if I was an NCAA rep so I'm not firm on my stance.

Advertisement
Yeah, its just my personal opinion. If an Auburn alumn worked for the SEC while Bama was bringing in big bucks to his conference, I don't expect him to do everything to bring down Bama.

Then again I'd **** over FSU any chance I got if I was an NCAA rep so I'm not firm on my stance.

Yup. But mostly, as LCE said, while the ACC Carolina Mafia knows they need us, it doesn’t mean they’re ever gonna like us or want us to succeed. They’re fine with having us at the party, as long as we “keep to our place” outside on the lawn. Scientific studies on ACC officiating have literally “proven” the bias against UM.

Advertisement
Back