NCAA and it's Allies Spend nearly $1 Million on Capital Hill

Advertisement
Don't express your discontent with government actions and policies or you might be told to love of leave it.

I don't mind the lobbying, generally.

But it smells of "sore loserism" when they are lobbying the federal government in response to multiple states taking positive action.

79F76876-F263-4A8F-87F9-61CA391C9EA4.jpeg

Advertisement
They should behead any lobbyists in this country. That is the root of all political problems.
Man, I've been saying it for years. These politicians are all bought and paid for by lobbyists. THAT is who they represent. They don't represent the people who voted for them, but rather the people that fund their campaigns. Campaigns that never end. Both sides are guilty of this.

You know who doesn't want term limits? Lobbyists.

Man, I've been saying it for years. These politicians are all bought and paid for by lobbyists. THAT is who they represent. They don't represent the people who voted for them, but rather the people that fund their campaigns. Campaigns that never end. Both sides are guilty of this.

Enormous barrier to social and economic progress in our country.

Advertisement

Get rid of them and you start to see real politics.

Follow that up with an election tax of $10 per taxpayer (1.5 billion dollars would be paid into this) and the same per business (not sure on amounts generated here) from federal tax returns. Then using some percentage, each federal position is granted a percentage of the pie as their running money. You run out, you run out. Do the same at the state level for state elections.

That doesn't solve the problem of what elected officials land as a job afterwards, but it's a start. You could at least police anyone trying to buy votes though in bills, etc.

I realize this would be complex, but it would clean up the current mess to some degree. It would also require some amendments to the Constitution, but again it would be worth it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back