Name the Game

P-Tizzle

All ACC
Premium
"Devin Hester awaits. Returnable. 41 yarder. Hester from the 22. Pickin' up blocks. He hit the middle hard. Devin Hester, the punter to beat. HE BEAT HIM!! The Miami Hurricanes take the lead, Touchdown".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wish he still called CFB games. Ron Franklin was another guy who was solid, but I’m pretty sure he got in trouble and lost his job.
yeah, he was fired for calling a female report "sweet baby" and when she objected, he called her an *******. ESPN removed him from announcing games that evening and then fired him the next day.

Franklin and Gottfried calling ESPN games on Saturday nights was my chit.

I always get a kick out of the Brad Nessler call of Hester’s return against the Gators. “Petrovich the kicker to beat!” Uh, that’s not the kicker!

Advertisement
I hear that punter is suffering long term effects from those two broken ankles.

Advertisement
Wish he still called CFB games. Ron Franklin was another guy who was solid, but I’m pretty sure he got in trouble and lost his job.

espn never gets it right, but when they do, they make sure to ***** it up. One of my fav college fb booth teams was tessitore and rod gilmore. For a few yrs they did only late fri/sat games. Typically mountain west and mid tier pac 12 games. Both always did their hw and had great chemistry.

I had 50 yard line seats, on the aisle for that game. Thursday night game. Flew in from NorCal.

I remember Louisville coming out very aggressively. They had a senior QB was a stud. He was lighting us up early with his feet but I kept noting that he was taking some big hits. That UL team was fast and athletic. The Canes conditioning as a team made a notable difference late.

Great game!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back