My Reflection: UF

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
I got really drunk really early today. Like most others I expected a very close game.

Morris did alot of things right. When he misses receivers he misses them. Doesn't really give other guys a chance for a pick to often. He is an incredibly composed player. Jacory had the tools but he didnt have it upstairs. Morris has it upstairs, but needs to improve the tools a bit. That being said, he's way better than Harris at this point in his career thanks to that marquee win.

Duke didnt have a chance, but he ran hard and did alot of jawing. That's a scrappy player. Old school U mentality. Still had 60 yards rushing.

The wideouts showed me nothing, again. Coley was non-existence, as was waters aside from the TD pass. Dorsett roamed free once and Morris capitalized. That was a huge play. Hats off to the UF secondary. Allen hurns, still in my opinion, is the best receiver we have.

Don't know what the OL problem is. On paper they are nasty. In pass protection they are stellar. Run blocking is sub-par at best. They didnt give duke a chance to do anything.

The defense, good lord. Our DL was out of control and bend but don't break came to fruition. The whole D was superb. That's all that needs to be said.

Driskel sucks. He holds the ball too long and he can't read defenses.

I'm so happy, there's no telling what kind of season we can have now.

Advertisement
hurns is a great possesion WR-
but to crown him as the bestWr is nutz!!
Waters is our best Wr- scott is not to far behind when healthy!

Advertisement
Guys, Morris and the offense are working with a new OC and new offense... No excuses, but we do have to keep that in mind. Fortunately for us, we have a bye week and then we play Savannah State. We have enough time to keep getting better.

Advertisement
Guys, Morris and the offense are working with a new OC and new offense... No excuses, but we do have to keep that in mind. Fortunately for us, we have a bye week and then we play Savannah State. We have enough time to keep getting better.

I did think of that, gotta be the reason.

The offense was fine. Florida had a really good defense and some of the best DB's in the country and some studs in the front 7. Morris missed some guys and we made some mistakes. We made enough plays to win and that is what matters. The offense will be fine. You can't expect to put up 35 points on a UF team that isn't going to happen.

Something definitely up with Morris and Dorsett. They seem to be way off rhythm. It was evident against FAU as well.

The offense was fine. Florida had a really good defense and some of the best DB's in the country and some studs in the front 7. Morris missed some guys and we made some mistakes. We made enough plays to win and that is what matters. The offense will be fine. You can't expect to put up 35 points on a UF team that isn't going to happen.

Bro, you didn't watch the same game as me? Our offense didn't do anything for 3 quarters. We couldn't find a groove in our playcalling IMO. Coley is still figuring out this teams offensive identity. We very well may be fine but there needs to be some major work put in before we hit the ACC schedule.

Advertisement

Bro, you didn't watch the same game as me? Our offense didn't do anything for 3 quarters. We couldn't find a groove in our playcalling IMO. Coley is still figuring out this teams offensive identity. We very well may be fine but there needs to be some major work put in before we hit the ACC schedule.

This. 1/11 on third down is not fine.

Great win but Morris needs to get his act together. He was brutal. OTOH, you can't say enough about the job our defense did.

Advertisement
A lot of factors in the performance of the O in this game. A main one being the gates D & scheme. That being said it starts with the O line. They just don't seem up to the challenge in our biggest games. Not a football expert so I am not sure what factors are involved such as coaching, technique, scheme, personal, & or rotations. Something is amiss with this group in the big ones. When this is the case the whole O suffers. Maybe we need to pick 5 & stick with them? Ask bama where they would be 3 out of the last 4 years without their Oline group. Play calling will evolve as the season moves on but, at times today it was horrendous. Whats the saying: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over but expecting different results. That sums up our play calling for most of the 2nd half. Frustrating after some great play calling in the 1st Q. As has been said above with new coaches it's a work in progress. We have some time to get things going in the next 3 weeks. For now we are stuck with enjoying a win over one of our most bitter rivals in a game most everyone picked us to lose. Spearheaded by our D who we are watching turn from boys into men. Life could be a lot worse.....we all could be gator fans!

Advertisement
Back