My must get scenarios (with options)

skeeter

Junior
A few must get scenarios in this class

• Hold on to Robbie Washington (and yes Bobby is a legit OLB prospect too).
  • At least 2 of these 4 Innis, Bain, J.Brown, Jean…And Innis isn’t coming. So that AT LEAST leaves 2 of the 3…This, along with Washington above satisfies BOTH my minimum of 2 of the excellent local stud WR class (I think we end up with 3 personally not Incl whether Seymore is in or not) and puts a foothold down in South Florida for Cristobal. The backyard thing although not as plausible as it once was STILL EXISTS. And Cristobal needs to win South Florida. Along with Washington that would give us 3 of the top 7 players in Sofla (With other possibilities like the committed BWash, and then Joseph, D.Brown, D.Harris, etc) And 3 of 7 is excellent in today’s landscape
Note: Bain is considered a UM lock…And Jalen Brown considered to be close to a lock…So let’s finish the deal there. Jean would be gravy and an awesome Dade haul.

• A good if not can’t miss prep QB…This year’s doesn’t have to be a super prospect and it looks like those our being bought for not top dollar but also don’t have as deep a QB stable as UM currently has. Lashlee did a great job recruiting the position. But you have to bring in a decent QB propsect. I like the Emory Williams kid from Nofla in this class as just that. I also hope we didn’t pass on Stokes for Rashada. BC it seems Stokes was really interested and he can play.
  • 1 of these 3 OT prospects…I consider Mauigoa going elsewhere and would love to be proven wrong. But these kid are all your national top 100, or “high 4* types”…Cristobal is gonna build this OL no matter what…But this is his bread and butter and he can’t miss on all 3 of Chase Bisontis (NJ), Olaus Alinen (CT), and Monroe Freeling (SC)…We are in the top 5 for all 3 players. There are many other stud OL UM is in the thick of things for…(Kirkland from Orlandofor instance) but I think all of those 3 have a chance to play on the all important left side and at least one is needed to build the kinda OL Cristobal had at Oregon
  • At least one of these edge players…Some are more likely than others. Damon Wilson, Chandavian Bryant (MO). Jaden Wayne (WA), Malik Bryant (A LB/DE combo) , Jayden Wayne (WA), Jaxon Howard (MN), Samuel M’Pemba. …**** we could end up with more than 1 of that group…And it’s not like I don’t really like some of the next tier we have behind them (and expect to take 2 or even 3 more to go with probable Bain who I’m not sure if he’ll end up inside or out). But I think 1 of those 6 is a must with Harbor probably the least likely Bradley and Wayne tough pulls as well…And then add in a good one from your second tier (many of whom I like) as well.
  • At least one of Malik Muhammed (TX), Daylin Lee (GA), or Damari Brown at corner. I’ve accepted Mclain isn’t coming. I was high on other kids like Dijon Johnson, who committed elsewhere. But I think 1 of those 3 are good enough to be the headliner at the all important corner position. Muhammed seems like the least likely of the 3 but we are in the race for all 3 and clear top 3 and possible leader for Brown
  • A punter that doesn’t suck…No matter where from prep, juco, portal.
There are many other things I consider to be important in this class…And I love how we seem to be establishing tiers and going deep with offers. For instance my runner up most important bucket would be one of the big backs… Fletcher/Robinson/Baxter…But I love every other back Smith is recruiting as well and I also like what is on the team now including adding a big kid in Citizen last year. I also think we’ll do well at DT…But there are a lot of names mentioned and while it’s as important as any position in CFB…Hicks stands out he’s s top pull. So it’s more of a “do well at DT”…Than a top 2 or 3 at the position for me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Linebacker, our weakest position group: Hill, Aguirre, Bryant (I view him as a jumbo OLB), Rojas, Washington whose committed. Gotta land two difference maker types. Quality over quantity. I wanna see us close on Bryant & Aguirre.

Oh i agree need two big time LB and that Bryant could count towards that spot as well.

I just don’t have as narrow a focus with top mlnitch quality kids and I believe portal could factor in there as well. I like the two names you mentioned and think they other 2 GA kids are right there with him. (Lavellee and the Grayson kid)

The only one i kept vague was QB…

Last edited:
Advertisement
A few must get scenarios in this class

• Hold on to Robbie Washington (and yes Bobby is a legit OLB prospect too).
  • At least 2 of these 4 Innis, Bain, J.Brown, Jean…And Innis isn’t coming. So that AT LEAST leaves 2 of the 3…This, along with Washington above satisfies BOTH my minimum of 2 of the excellent local stud WR class (I think we end up with 3 personally not Incl whether Seymore is in or not) and puts a foothold down in South Florida for Cristobal. The backyard thing although not as plausible as it once was STILL EXISTS. And Cristobal needs to win South Florida. Along with Washington that would give us 3 of the top 7 players in Sofla (With other possibilities like the committed BWash, and then Joseph, D.Brown, D.Harris, etc) And 3 of 7 is excellent in today’s landscape
Note: Bain is considered a UM lock…And Jalen Brown considered to be close to a lock…So let’s finish the deal there. Jean would be gravy and an awesome Dade haul.

• A good if not can’t miss prep QB…This year’s doesn’t have to be a super prospect and it looks like those our being bought for not top dollar but also don’t have as deep a QB stable as UM currently has. Lashlee did a great job recruiting the position. But you have to bring in a decent QB propsect. I like the Emory Williams kid from Nofla in this class as just that. I also hope we didn’t pass on Stokes for Rashada. BC it seems Stokes was really interested and he can play.
  • 1 of these 3 OT prospects…I consider Mauigoa going elsewhere and would love to be proven wrong. But these kid are all your national top 100, or “high 4* types”…Cristobal is gonna build this OL no matter what…But this is his bread and butter and he can’t miss on all 3 of Chase Bisontis (NJ), Olaus Alinen (CT), and Monroe Freeling (SC)…We are in the top 5 for all 3 players. There are many other stud OL UM is in the thick of things for…(Kirkland from Orlandofor instance) but I think all of those 3 have a chance to play on the all important left side and at least one is needed to build the kinda OL Cristobal had at Oregon
  • At least one of these edge players…Some are more likely than others. Damon Wilson, Chandavian Bryant (MO). Jaden Wayne (WA), Malik Bryant (A LB/DE combo) , Jayden Wayne (WA), Jaxon Howard (MN), Samuel M’Pemba. …**** we could end up with more than 1 of that group…And it’s not like I don’t really like some of the next tier we have behind them (and expect to take 2 or even 3 more to go with probable Bain who I’m not sure if he’ll end up inside or out). But I think 1 of those 6 is a must with Harbor probably the least likely Bradley and Wayne tough pulls as well…And then add in a good one from your second tier (many of whom I like) as well.
  • At least one of Malik Muhammed (TX), Daylin Lee (GA), or Damari Brown at corner. I’ve accepted Mclain isn’t coming. I was high on other kids like Dijon Johnson, who committed elsewhere. But I think 1 of those 3 are good enough to be the headliner at the all important corner position. Muhammed seems like the least likely of the 3 but we are in the race for all 3 and clear top 3 and possible leader for Brown
  • A punter that doesn’t suck…No matter where from prep, juco, portal.
There are many other things I consider to be important in this class…And I love how we seem to be establishing tiers and going deep with offers. For instance my runner up most important bucket would be one of the big backs… Fletcher/Robinson/Baxter…But I love every other back Smith is recruiting as well and I also like what is on the team now including adding a big kid in Citizen last year. I also think we’ll do well at DT…But there are a lot of names mentioned and while it’s as important as any position in CFB…Hicks stands out he’s s top pull. So it’s more of a “do well at DT”…Than a top 2 or 3 at the position for me.
Add Joseph to the list of WRs. He's as dynamic as any of the listed WRs in your list....and he's looking more and more like he's buying what Mario is selling. So keeping Washington, adding Joseph, adding JBrown, and then getting Jean back in the class...we're cooking big time and it's a VERY realistic class with one 5*, two 4*s, and one underrated 3* who will be a 4* if he isn't already in Jean.

Add Joseph to the list of WRs. He's as dynamic as any of the listed WRs in your list....and he's looking more and more like he's buying what Mario is selling. So keeping Washington, adding Joseph, adding JBrown, and then getting Jean back in the class...we're cooking big time and it's a VERY realistic class with one 5*, two 4*s, and one underrated 3* who will be a 4* if he isn't already in Jean.

Oh I like Jospeh and hope we land him...There's room for him besides what I have as must get. If Washington wasn't aboard I would say he is a must get.

When do we expect people to start committing?

I'm seeing quite a few prospects for the next cycle around College football committing and we've been pretty quiet on that front. Is it a summer think with Mario?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back