my email i just rushed off to donna blake.

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
i know you guys might not care but i can't sit by. these kids on this team deserve better.

Dear President Shalala and AD James

Perhaps as your retirement date is approaching you can reflect as to why you pursued a career in higher education. My assumption would be it was for the students. Students include future doctors, lawyers, scientists, teachers, politicians, and yes, nfl players. I understand you have a lot on your schedule, however, the young men who committed to your university deserve better than the current coaching staff they are being punished with. Moreover, Coach Golden is currently 6-5 with a conference record of 3-4. Coach Randy Shannon was fired for being 7-5 with a conference record of 5-3. Are you willing to have your institution be perceived as racist because the perception is that their is a different standard in place now.

Coach Golden might be a nice guy but lets be realistic. First, he was coming from Temple so he wasn’t leaving over the NCAA stuff. Second, he used the sanctions twice to squeeze you for an undeserved extension. I believe the sooner Golden is fired, the better the possibility you save the stellar 15' and 16' recruiting classes. This program has talent, perhaps you can name Ice Harris or James Coley interim coach. My friend coaches a top 2016 prospect who said to him, “UM is still in it. I want to see who their next coach is. I am hearing on social media it’s Butch Davis.“

At the end of the day, football is a big money business for any university and the Miami Hurricanes program is special. Personally, I love coach Mark Stoops as a choice but he would be an expensive hire. Therefore, once again, i suggest Butch Davis. He has unfinished business at The U, will come cheap, has a great coaching tree of protégés to bring in, he can save this recruiting class, and most importantly, he can win with these players. Additionally, he was cleared of wrongdoing at UNC and as far as him
leaving for NFL over 10 years ago, he regrets it and the past is the past. He had a much better record as a coach when he had much tougher NCAA issues to deal with in the 90's than Golden does today. In the end, a winning program and a clean program are not mutually exclusive.

P.S.- Congrats and good luck with your retirement President Shalala

Advertisement
i know you guys might not care but i can't sit by. these kids on this team deserve better.

Dear President Shalala and AD James

Perhaps as your retirement date is approaching you can reflect as to why you pursued a career in higher education. My assumption would be it was for the students. Students include future doctors, lawyers, scientists, teachers, politicians, and yes, nfl players. I understand you have a lot on your schedule, however, the young men who committed to your university deserve better than the current coaching staff they are being punished with. Moreover, Coach Golden is currently 6-5 with a conference record of 3-4. Coach Randy Shannon was fired for being 7-5 with a conference record of 5-3. Are you willing to have your institution be perceived as racist because the perception is that their is a different standard in place now.

Coach Golden might be a nice guy but lets be realistic. First, he was coming from Temple so he wasn’t leaving over the NCAA stuff. Second, he used the sanctions twice to squeeze you for an undeserved extension. I believe the sooner Golden is fired, the better the possibility you save the stellar 15' and 16' recruiting classes. This program has talent, perhaps you can name Ice Harris or James Coley interim coach. My friend coaches a top 2016 prospect who said to him, “UM is still in it. I want to see who their next coach is. I am hearing on social media it’s Butch Davis.“

At the end of the day, football is a big money business for any university and the Miami Hurricanes program is special. Personally, I love coach Mark Stoops as a choice but he would be an expensive hire. Therefore, once again, i suggest Butch Davis. He has unfinished business at The U, will come cheap, has a great coaching tree of protégés to bring in, he can save this recruiting class, and most importantly, he can win with these players. Additionally, he was cleared of wrongdoing at UNC and as far as him
leaving for NFL over 10 years ago, he regrets it and the past is the past. He had a much better record as a coach when he had much tougher NCAA issues to deal with in the 90's than Golden does today. In the end, a winning program and a clean program are not mutually exclusive.

P.S.- Congrats and good luck with your retirement President Shalala

Well that's that. Expect Butch to be hired tomorrow. Nice work. LAMO

You might want to use the right "there" in your letter to a university president.

im not a grammar cop, just sayin'

You forgot to offer a contribution to the Hillary for President fund, that's all Donna really cares about anyways

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back