My class grades and analysis...

Henderson will not see the field much as a CB at UF..he will end up at wr... Henderson or Edwards are not misses because other than speed (Henderson) they don't possess anything more impressive than what Cooney was brought here to get in 2018.... Both would have provided depth and that's why they made business decisions to go elsewhere.....

Next year we have to win and win big in order to get these kids to want to compete and face the reality of sitting a few years before playing time like at Bama, Fsu and OSU

The kids we "missed" know how to read depth charts and they know who is up next as in next years recruits..we got the O-line class we did because they all feel they can play and play early for a rising team

Kids like McFarland are a luxury but I didn't see Warrick Dunn in him with that said who on our current roster would he have supplanted and would he be able to hold off a Lingard or Cam Davis not a hard "Stay Home" sell for Durken

Same thing @ WR and CB
Miami needs to build off last years 5 win finish in order to be in the Chip Stacking mode of Bama and Fsu

Disagree on Henderson although there is bust potential there...His upside through the roof as a corner imo. Edwards i agree on... a take, and I don't like to lose a local, but I agree there are others like him. I don't think McFarland was the next coming, but I thought pretty good and we can use talent there.

Like Cam Davis, but I think Curry is a better big back prospect imo. That being said, I'd take Davis for sure.

Advertisement
If DJ ends up at CB, this is an A CB class. Great athleticism and speed with Dean, Bandy, and DJ.

The obsession with CBs boggles my mind. Redwine, Bandy, Young, and Dean plus DJ is a fine top 5 and good enough talent wise to win the ACC. We just have to put that talent into results and we'll see just how good Rumph is in getting them game ready ASAP.

I think not having a backup plan at RB is the biggest ***kup of the class. I think DT is a concern as well but obviously the coaches have a plan whether through JUCO or position switches. I think Diaz's comments about bringing a new breed of DT and talking about Ford is a hint that they are planning to go the Tommie Harris route with their DT evaluations.

im a big of fan of the direction we're going with our DT's. but then again, its hard not to be a fan of anything kool does

All of our guys are underrated. Remember, it's about film, not stars. If you look at the film, every guy we have is a total stud.

All of FSU's guys are so overrated. Cam Akers is no Dalvin Cook, haha I'll tell you that much!

By the way, Alabama pays for recruits... but our class is objectively better than theirs anyway. Man, I am so excited about this class!

QB - A (Perry COULD BE a future Heisman winner. Only problem is, so could Weldon! Can they both play??)
RB - A (Burns was the best RB in America as a sophomore. Consider last year a redshirt for him. Don't sleep!)
WR - A+ (Thomas and Harley are the fastest kids in America bar none. Njoku is better than his brother...bigger, taller, faster, better)
TE - A (Polendey is an upgrade from David Njoku on pure upside potential. Beast mode. Don't sleep!)
OL - A (Completely elite haul top to bottom. Donaldson is the best player in America at any position. Mauler for hire!)

DT - A (Ford is totally underrated. Would take over anyone in America at that position. Fast, strong, unstoppable. Raw. Power.)
DE - A++ (Yo...)
LB - A (Steed is so fast, and we beat FSU head-to-head for their most prized recruit of the cycle in Jenkins. FSU legacy under their nose haha)
DB - A (Coaches knocked it out of the park here. We needed corners and boy howdy did they get us some speed and athleticism there! Bandy has that DOG in him!)

HO HO HO!

All of our guys are underrated. Remember, it's about film, not stars. If you look at the film, every guy we have is a total stud.

All of FSU's guys are so overrated. Cam Akers is no Dalvin Cook, haha I'll tell you that much!

By the way, Alabama pays for recruits... but our class is objectively better than theirs anyway. Man, I am so excited about this class!

QB - A (Perry COULD BE a future Heisman winner. Only problem is, so could Weldon! Can they both play??)
RB - A (Burns was the best RB in America as a sophomore. Consider last year a redshirt for him. Don't sleep!)
WR - A+ (Thomas and Harley are the fastest kids in America bar none. Njoku is better than his brother...bigger, taller, faster, better)
TE - A (Polendey is an upgrade from David Njoku on pure upside potential. Beast mode. Don't sleep!)
OL - A (Completely elite haul top to bottom. Donaldson is the best player in America at any position. Mauler for hire!)

DT - A (Ford is totally underrated. Would take over anyone in America at that position. Fast, strong, unstoppable. Raw. Power.)
DE - A++ (Yo...)
LB - A (Steed is so fast, and we beat FSU head-to-head for their most prized recruit of the cycle in Jenkins. FSU legacy under their nose haha)
DB - A (Coaches knocked it out of the park here. We needed corners and boy howdy did they get us some speed and athleticism there! Bandy has that DOG in him!)
D
HO HO HO!

Danny?

Advertisement
Didn't follow Missouri recruiting but this might be the most talent kool has ever had at his disposal. he coached a lot of guys up but my goodness at all the raw talent he has to work with.

DE - A++ (Yo...)
D
HO HO HO!

Danny?

HO ******* HO, ************.

QB - A
RB - D
WR - A
TE - C
OL - A
DL - B+
LB - B+
DB - B+

A's in 3 of the 4 biggest positions of need (QB, WR, OL) so I'd say that's the biggest positive. Will need new guys to contribute right away at all of those spots so it was crucial to bring both quality and depth at each. I wish they'd lined up another CB once it became apparent that Edwards and Henderson are flakey khunts, which Diaz seemed to insinuate was realized on their OV's. I expect them to add a DB as a grad transfer and hopefully it works out as well as Colbert did, and it may even be that guy from MSU who said he's transfer (Dian didn't recruit him but he did coach him).

Biggest question marks entering spring have to be the unsettled OL, QB competition, and all new secondary. I would put Walton in bubble wrap because our RB situation will be scary if either of them goes down. Homer too.

Advertisement
Can someone that knows more than me do a summary of our 2018 RB board? I'd like to see the options.

I have to think our offensive scheme this year had a negative effect on RB recruiting. Kaaya never played under center and our O line had zero ability to run block. Our best offensive success came when we went to a modified Texas high school 7 on 7 offense. Which could be partially why we did so well with WR recruiting.

Food for thought.

I don't think so - they just got outmaneuvered at the 11th hour by Maryland and their bags. They thought they had McFarland inked.

Burns is an incredible talent if he can stay healthy - maybe we'll finally have some luck in that area.

the more i watch & think, the more i think Derrick smith's future might be very bright at LB

especially if we bring in the haul for '18 we're all expecting in the secondary.

Advertisement
Henderson will not see the field much as a CB at UF..he will end up at wr... Henderson or Edwards are not misses because other than speed (Henderson) they don't possess anything more impressive than what Cooney was brought here to get in 2018.... Both would have provided depth and that's why they made business decisions to go elsewhere.....

Next year we have to win and win big in order to get these kids to want to compete and face the reality of sitting a few years before playing time like at Bama, Fsu and OSU

The kids we "missed" know how to read depth charts and they know who is up next as in next years recruits..we got the O-line class we did because they all feel they can play and play early for a rising team

Kids like McFarland are a luxury but I didn't see Warrick Dunn in him with that said who on our current roster would he have supplanted and would he be able to hold off a Lingard or Cam Davis not a hard "Stay Home" sell for Durken

Same thing @ WR and CB
Miami needs to build off last years 5 win finish in order to be in the Chip Stacking mode of Bama and Fsu

Disagree on Henderson although there is bust potential there...His upside through the roof as a corner imo. Edwards i agree on... a take, and I don't like to lose a local, but I agree there are others like him. I don't think McFarland was the next coming, but I thought pretty good and we can use talent there.

Like Cam Davis, but I think Curry is a better big back prospect imo. That being said, I'd take Davis for sure.

I don't think Henderson will bust but it will take at least 2yrs to be a serviceable CB especially since he thinks of himself more as the Percy Harvin type

When I see Dee Jay Dallas I see Tyrone Prothro and minus the broken leg I hope I'm right

Advertisement
Back