My .02 FSU Week (Relatively Long)

Rellyrell, agree with everything you've posted. It was not a pretty performance by any of our units, but think about this -- they went to Tally facing a desperate Noles team that wanted nothing more than to destroy our season and salvage theirs. Add to that, yeah the Noles have lost a lot of good players over the years, but they are still stacked with blue chippers up and down their roster. Over the last 10 years, they finished outside the Top 10 Class Rankings only twice, I believe. Point is, they were the more talented team by far.

Give Richt the 2018 class to beef up the OL talent and the secondary - our positions of biggest need -- and improve talent depth throughout the rest of the roster -- namely LB, RB and TE. By 2019, we'll be able to line up with Bama, Clemson and Ohio St and hold our own easily.

Make no bones about it -- this was a signature win that the program needed. The streak is over and now we've earned some respect throughout the CFB world.

Sad thing is, bro....I don't think we've earned enough respect from this win. Heard some say FSU lost this game vs. us beating them. How can the U be back if they barely beat a wounded FSU team. That's why we gotta keep pushing. They don't want us to be great again. That's OK...its always been us against the world and I'm quite fine w that. Honestly, that was one of the best games in our storied rivalry ever. Right up there w that 2000 season.

I completely hear you. They look for any excuse not to give us credit. But we all know that beating FSU was huge for many reasons. Had we lost that game, we would never hear the end of it.

To your point though, we must treat this as a stepping stone and keep pushing.

Glad to have that **** streak over though!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back