Mr. Underwood any update on McCartney

kperez4446

Sophomore
This is a guy that can really play but he was just behind 2 All American type receivers in Bailey and Austin. I would take him even with limited scholarships available.

Advertisement
This is a guy that can really play but he was just behind 2 All American type receivers in Bailey and Austin. I would take him even with limited scholarships available.

Spoke to Sticks just the other day, actually.

No ruling on his waiver application yet. He said he should have an answer from the NCAA before 2nd semester classes start in January.

what schools is he interested in? and what are your thoughts on him as a prospect now?

what schools is he interested in? and what are your thoughts on him as a prospect now?

He's interested in a couple schools, but doesn't want to broadcast which ones.

I think he's a solid player, who still has the ability to make plays. The main question is whether or not he can put it together ON THE FIELD at this level. The talent is there. The drive is there (I've been to the gym when he's been working out. He's motivated, trust me).

I'm interested to see if a change of scenery helps him, or if the apparent malaise that he encountered this last year at West Virginia is now the norm.

He's interested in a couple schools, but doesn't want to broadcast which ones.

I think he's a solid player, who still has the ability to make plays. The main question is whether or not he can put it together ON THE FIELD at this level. The talent is there. The drive is there (I've been to the gym when he's been working out. He's motivated, trust me).

I'm interested to see if a change of scenery helps him, or if the apparent malaise that he encountered this last year at West Virginia is now the norm.

Would he be an early enrollee if he gets the waiver or a summer/fall guy?

Advertisement
Would he be an early enrollee if he gets the waiver or a summer/fall guy?

Depends on how early he is notifies about his waiver. Apparently, that's a major part of what the NCAA is doing right now, as I've seen multiple reports about other waivers that have been fully evaluated.

My guess would be EE, but that only matters IF his waiver is granted.

Depends on how early he is notifies about his waiver. Apparently, that's a major part of what the NCAA is doing right now, as I've seen multiple reports about other waivers that have been fully evaluated.

My guess would be EE, but that only matters IF his waiver is granted.[/

So we should know before NSD if he was granted or not?

My guess would be EE, but that only matters IF his waiver is granted.[/

So we should know before NSD if he was granted or not?

Again, he told me he expects to hear before classes start in January. As I watch the NCAA render other waiver rulings, I think that this timeline is reasonable.

In short, yes, he should know before signing day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
after his signing day antics, pass.

if you choreograph your rejection of miami, you have burned the bridge as far as i am concerned.
buyers remorse sucks even more for the drama queens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back