MR - Impact at FSU

ncncanes

Junior
Always knew our new head coach had a big impact while OC at FSU however went back and looked at FSU's record in the 7 years as OC and 7 years after he left
- As OC : Averaged 1.30 loses, 1 undefeated team, 3 one loss teams, and never more than 2 loses
- 7 years after he left: Avg 4 Loses, best years 3 loses, 2 seasons with 5 loses and one season at 7-6

Wow and FSU had some talent after 2001

Advertisement
When he's calling plays his teams are good. I posted about this earlier today bit looked at his time at uga. I assume he wants to call plays here because he's been taking about getting back to that. We're looking reeeeaaaal good!

Always knew our new head coach had a big impact while OC at FSU however went back and looked at FSU's record in the 7 years as OC and 7 years after he left
- As OC : Averaged 1.30 loses, 1 undefeated team, 3 one loss teams, and never more than 2 loses
- 7 years after he left: Avg 4 Loses, best years 3 loses, 2 seasons with 5 loses and one season at 7-6

That was the Jeff Bowden effect

I agree with this. Mark Richt is a superb offensive mind and the recruiting at FSU didn't skip a beat. But they took a massive downgrade from Richt as OC to Jeff Bowden. Still though, Richt calling the plays in Miami has me giddy. Yeah, I used the word giddy.

Normally I don't do this but it is losses not loses. I am just trying to help.

Advertisement
Spoke to son of VERY prominent Seminole at work here in Tallahassee the other day about Richt. Some of first words from him were its gonna really hurt FSU recruiting. Pretty obvious though

ayo what u think of the hire j? how bout shavar?

yeah then Bobby hired his kid. Good Ole Nepotism.... Which brings me to the only thing Im worried about with Richt. Did I read correctly that he employs his son? Or he is going to hire him? Who knows, maybe the kid is a genius? Maybe.

Advertisement
yeah then Bobby hired his kid. Good Ole Nepotism.... Which brings me to the only thing Im worried about with Richt. Did I read correctly that he employs his son? Or he is going to hire him? Who knows, maybe the kid is a genius? Maybe.

No. His son plays quarterback at Clemson, afaik.

Jeff Bowden made Randy Shannon in the legend that he is today BTW.....

Jimbo shredded Randy like cheddar cheese.

I think I'm most excited about the recruiting. He's such a good, not just coach, but man, that every kid's parent will love him. I have literally never heard one bad thing said about him, except the wins and losses, unless it's that he believes in playing by the rules more than the other guys he coaches against. I think he is going to lock down South Florida.

No. Richt hiring his son from the Bills staff.

Advertisement

No. Richt hiring his son from the Bills staff.

K well at the very least his son has got another job beforehand. Wonder if he knows what he is doing?

Advertisement
Back