Morris never leaving gets 3-year contract extension

IHATETHISPLACE

Thunderdome
# Look for UM to announce shortly that baseball coach Jim Morris has been given a three-year contract extension, through 2018. Morris guided the Canes to 11 College World Series appearances in his first 15 seasons but none in the past six.

But the UM administration has high confidence in him and knows there are factors beyond his control. Among them: UM’s high tuition hurts baseball recruiting, where only partial scholarships are usually awarded.

By the way, the extension was agreed to before UM was eliminated by Texas Tech in the regionals.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...me-3-loss-news-on-um-coach.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
I'm starting to think that the days of Miami excelling in any of the sports may be over. We may win a division title here or there but national titles seem out of reach anymore.

3 years?! Stunned!!! Wait, no I'm not. Seems par for the course.
Can't wait for Golden to get his next extension, FML!

It has been really cool watching all of those other teams celebrate their Super Regional wins. I wonder if our players got to dog pile when this extension was announced.

Advertisement
Great news! Morris goes out on his own terms. There will be stability in the fact that Dimare will have smooth transition there will be no uncertainty for our players and recruits on who the new coach will be.

Great news! Morris goes out on his own terms. There will be stability in the fact that Dimare will have smooth transition there will be no uncertainty for our players and recruits on who the new coach will be.

DiMare will also be able to recruit for his own teams, so no transition excuses.

Advertisement
So I am supposed to Look at this as a positive?? Well we can pencil in losses in the regionals for the next 3 years! Then finally its Dimare's turn

Arizona State went out and got a great coach who still has 20+ years on his coaching life. Meanwhile, we still have the staff that doesn't get out of regionals. Woo hoo.

Advertisement
Back