Morris' Final Game

That said, I doubt there are many coaches who walk away the year or two after going to the Elite 8 in their sport two years in a row (nor are there many AD's who would force that coach out).

Sure, not many, but Fraser walked away after 3 CWS appearances in 5 years, and in his final season had the #1 seed in the CWS and was a win away from the title game.

Both of them deserve credit and our thanks for their commitment and hard work in building the standard for success in college sports (44 consecutive years is truly amazing in the current era of D1 sports). Time will tell if naming his successor three years in advance works or not.

Lance picked a tough year for his new role. But there are a lot of knowledgeable baseball people on here with strong opinions; so, let's hope we have better performance to analyze and discuss this week and in the coming years. Go Canes.

Agreed

I agree Ron did it the right way; it just doesn't happen that often any longer with the kind of money thrown at these top tier coaches.

Fraser was also a visionary who did so much for the sport; in addition to Canes fans, all college baseball fans owe him a debt of gratitude.

Advertisement
This kind of post has made this board insufferable all year.

Regardless of how you feel about the end, two things:

1. You and everyone else who just repeats the same tired mantra ad nauseum are making things miserable for everyone. It's your choice, of course, but it could be so much more enjoyable if everyone would stop with this type of post.

2. During Morris' tenure at Miami, no other team has been to the College World Series as often as his teams. It is still a record for a program to go six years consecutively to the CWS. He won 50 games in 2015 & 2016 and went to back-to-back CWS in a world far different than when Ron Fraser was doing it. He went to more CWS, with more competition, in a shorter period of time than Ron Fraser. It is truly time for people to get over themselves with all the hate for Jim Morris.

1. Fair enough

2. I don't hate Morris. He was obviously a very successful coach. Comparing Morris (or any college baseball figure to Ron Fraser) is ridiculous. The Mount Rushmore of college baseball would consist of 4 heads of Ron Fraser.

1. Fair enough

2. I don't hate Morris. He was obviously a very successful coach. Comparing Morris (or any college baseball figure to Ron Fraser) is ridiculous. The Mount Rushmore of college baseball would consist of 4 heads of Ron Fraser.
I LOVED Ron Fraser.....He'll ALWAYS Be #1....
That Being Said....In All Fairness...Thr Following 4 CBB Coaches ALL Should Be On EVERYONES CBB Mount Rushmore.....
Ron Fraser (UM)
Augie Garrido (Texas)
Skip Bertman (LSU)
Rod Dedeaux (USC)

Advertisement
Back