More Strength and Conditioning talk

I am aware that this has been highly debated over the last few years and again within the last few weeks. However, I would like to point out what a few other programs that made hires this offseason and last offseason did with the S&C program. IMO, it says a lot about what a S&C coach means to a new HC taking over a new program.

Mark Richt (While at Georgia) - Had 3 S&C from 2010-2015.

Kirby Smart (Georgia) - Tried hiring Scott Cochran from Alabama, but Cochran took the money to stay in Alabama.

Nick Saban (Alabama) - Paid Scott Cochran 6 figures to remain Alabama's S&C coach.

Chris Ash (Rutgers) -Strength and conditioning coach Jeremy Cole was also fired by Ash, according to two people with knowledge of the situation

Will Muschamp (USCe) - Jeff Dillman will be the strength and conditioning coach. Hired away from Alabama. Served as assistant S&C coach for one year. Previously worked with Muschamp at Florida.

DJ Durkin (Maryland) - Maryland announced the hires of four assistant coaches Dec. 9, including two former Power Five conference head coaches in Scott Shafer (defensive coordinator) and Mike London (associate head coach/defensive line), along with Aazaar Abdul-Rahim (defensive backs) and Rick Court (strength and conditioning).

Jim McElwain (2015 Florida) - McElwain has reached back to his Colorado State Rams staff for Dillman’s replacement, tabbing Mike Kent as Florida’s third strength and conditioning coach in the last five seasons.

Charlie Strong (2014 Texas) - James Hester, the Alabama A&M strength and conditioning coach who helped A&M players achieve unprecedented accomplishments in the weight room, has been hired as assistant strength and conditioning coach at the University of Texas. Hester will be reunited with his mentor, Pat Moorer, with whom Hester worked at the University of South Carolina. Moorer had recently been at Louisville, but followed coach Charlie Strong to Texas.

Can you also post how many first rounders these guys produced?

Advertisement
I am aware that this has been highly debated over the last few years and again within the last few weeks. However, I would like to point out what a few other programs that made hires this offseason and last offseason did with the S&C program. IMO, it says a lot about what a S&C coach means to a new HC taking over a new program.

Kirby Smart (Georgia) - Tried hiring Scott Cochran from Alabama, but Cochran took the money to stay in Alabama.

Nick Saban (Alabama) - Paid Scott Cochran 6 figures to remain Alabama's S&C coach.

Chris Ash (Rutgers) -Strength and conditioning coach Jeremy Cole was also fired by Ash, according to two people with knowledge of the situation

Will Muschamp (USCe) - Jeff Dillman will be the strength and conditioning coach. Hired away from Alabama. Served as assistant S&C coach for one year. Previously worked with Muschamp at Florida.

DJ Durkin (Maryland) - Maryland announced the hires of four assistant coaches Dec. 9, including two former Power Five conference head coaches in Scott Shafer (defensive coordinator) and Mike London (associate head coach/defensive line), along with Aazaar Abdul-Rahim (defensive backs) and Rick Court (strength and conditioning).

Jim McElwain (2015 Florida) - McElwain has reached back to his Colorado State Rams staff for Dillman’s replacement, tabbing Mike Kent as Florida’s third strength and conditioning coach in the last five seasons.

Charlie Strong (2014 Texas) - James Hester, the Alabama A&M strength and conditioning coach who helped A&M players achieve unprecedented accomplishments in the weight room, has been hired as assistant strength and conditioning coach at the University of Texas. Hester will be reunited with his mentor, Pat Moorer, with whom Hester worked at the University of South Carolina. Moorer had recently been at Louisville, but followed coach Charlie Strong to Texas.

How many 1st rounders has Swasey developed post Moffit/ Butch guys?

How many 1st rounders has Swasey developed post Moffit/ Butch guys?

That would be 27 dik face

Talent and coaching makes the development of your team better.... Perryman, Allen Bailey, Deon Bush, Artie Burns didn't have any issues developing physically under Swasey lol y'all really don't have a clue

LOL Allen Bailey came into the program as arguably the biggest and badest dude (physically) that we've ever recruited. You think Swasey played some major role in his development?

If you don't see Swasey as a problem at this point then i don't know what to tell you.

Swasey is playing checkers while SEC S&C coaches are playing chess. No coincidence that once Tommy Moffitt set foot on campus we turned into animals. Then Tommy leaves for LSU gig and slowly but surely it becomes Swasey's program and we become much smaller, much less explosive, on and on and on.

He's a speed and agility coach at best. Swasey apologists are as bad as the Kehoe apologists.

Yes natural talent and potential gets u the best results... you think Nick Sabans strength coach is at Bama turning chicken **** into chicken salad? If I'm not mistaken all he has to work with is **** 5 star freak athletes, I'm sure it's making his job much easier...

Advertisement
Kaz Kazadi. Loved that video. The loud mouth got real quiet after he saw that guy. The fence the the guy thought he had was not quite as tall and protective as he thought. Classic.

Talent and coaching makes the development of your team better.... Perryman, Allen Bailey, Deon Bush, Artie Burns didn't have any issues developing physically under Swasey lol y'all really don't have a clue

LOL Allen Bailey came into the program as arguably the biggest and badest dude (physically) that we've ever recruited. You think Swasey played some major role in his development?

If you don't see Swasey as a problem at this point then i don't know what to tell you.

Swasey is playing checkers while SEC S&C coaches are playing chess. No coincidence that once Tommy Moffitt set foot on campus we turned into animals. Then Tommy leaves for LSU gig and slowly but surely it becomes Swasey's program and we become much smaller, much less explosive, on and on and on.

He's a speed and agility coach at best. Swasey apologists are as bad as the Kehoe apologists.

I've been saying it for years. Get a elite S&C program in here and south Florida talent + modern elite S&C = MONSTERS. Swasey has been learning on the run for 14 years and pretty much developed his own system that worked to an extent but has become obsolete in 2015 and beyond.

Advertisement
Back