MONDAY AM QB: Why Miami can't beat good teams (Canesport)

I do give Coley much credit for acknowledging his mistakes tho. He called a spectacular game man. Beautiful. Getting Duke the ball out of the backfield was a breath of fresh air.

I have zero doubt in my mind he is going to target Dorsett now with the criticism he is reicieving now. He listens, acknowledges and fixes.

Golden and Dino just continue with their bull**** grab *** engage blocks scheme.

Advertisement
I am convinced our defensive philosophy is to make the other team drive the entire field and hope they make a mistake. We are encouraging long time-consuming drives.

I agree with you. I believe that their philosophy is if we make them snap it enough, they will eventually make a mistake. Oddly enough, that is the philosophy of a lot of optimist coaches from U10 down. Once you get to U11, most optimist football coaches shift to an attacking defense.

That is absolutely the philosophy. No need to assume. That is it. It's don't give up a big play and make them excecute easy 6-8yd runs all the way down the field. Which they invariably do.

The philosophy is trash. It doesn't work in optimist ball most of the time.

It's amazing to me that we make something happen almost every time we blitz or attack, yet we rarely do it and most of the time we wait for the other team to push our **** in. I am not advocating blitzing on every play, but it couldn't be worse than what we do now.

I do give Coley much credit for acknowledging his mistakes tho. He called a spectacular game man. Beautiful. Getting Duke the ball out of the backfield was a breath of fresh air.

I have zero doubt in my mind he is going to target Dorsett now with the criticism he is reicieving now. He listens, acknowledges and fixes.

Golden and Dino just continue with their bull**** grab *** engage blocks scheme.

Coley was dramatically better last game than he was in Louisville. I expect him to continue to improve throughout the season because Kaaya will be able to handle more of the offense each week. I expect the offense to be pretty formidable by the end of the season, and I will be disappointed of they are not.

There is no reason for me to keep blasting the defense. It is scat, and that is not because of the players. I'll say it again, these players would kick *** in the right scheme.

I am convinced our defensive philosophy is to make the other team drive the entire field and hope they make a mistake. We are encouraging long time-consuming drives.

I agree with you. I believe that their philosophy is if we make them snap it enough, they will eventually make a mistake. Oddly enough, that is the philosophy of a lot of optimist coaches from U10 down. Once you get to U11, most optimist football coaches shift to an attacking defense.

That is absolutely the philosophy. No need to assume. That is it. It's don't give up a big play and make them excecute easy 6-8yd runs all the way down the field. Which they invariably do.

The philosophy is trash. It doesn't work in optimist ball most of the time.

It's amazing to me that we make something happen almost every time we blitz or attack, yet we rarely do it and most of the time we wait for the other team to push our **** in. I am not advocating blitzing on every play, but it couldn't be worse than what we do now.

that's the whole point. no defense should persistently do the same thing. to be successful against tough opponents a def coordinator needs to be unpredictable. Donofrio is the antithesis of unpredictable. We trot out the same passive, hope for a mistake defense over and over and over. it's mind boggling that he is coaching at the D1 level.

That article raises some great points. Golden and D'Onofrio always defend the scheme and blame the players. It seems like our guys are constantly blowing assignments, and when it does happen it leads to a big play or a TD. Well who's fault is it that our players are missing so many assignments in year 4 of this scheme? And the problem is magnified by the fact that we hardly ever put pressure on the QB, so the blown assignment always seems to be picked up and exploited.

Advertisement
Agree. Coley called an awful game vs Louisville but was equally good vs Nebraska.

Agree. Coley called an awful game vs Louisville but was equally good vs Nebraska.

I think Golden had a lot to do with the conservative nature of the Louisville game. It had his coward loser fingerprint all over it.

Nebraska had 360 yds rushing with only 70 YAC....that's alignment and scheme. That's 290yds before contact. Hey, but we didn't give up any more big pass plays after that first drive. Nice adjustment guys!

Holy ****!

That's worse than I thought.

Advertisement

It's mind boggling. The offense looked like a completely different team from week 1 to week 4. The defense hasn't changed a mother ******* thing from year 1 to year 4.

Advertisement
Back