Mods/Insiders/SFL Recruiting Guru's...

U Know

Junior
Every year it seems like we go through the same stuff with these high profile south Florida players and there "handlers" or whatever they are called. Instead of interviewing the players, (who are usually telling us what we want to hear) how about trying to get an interview with one of these so called "handlers". We have kids who are committed for over a year and weeks before signing day, you guys report the staff blew it with the "handlers". What could the staff do differently the "last" month, that differ from the 11+ months the kid was committed? It's seems wrong to just say they blew it, without giving a reason how. 2016 class is loaded and we have a lot of SFL kids committed already, i'll hate to hear the same thing 11 months from now. Thanks for what []_[] guys do.

Advertisement
Every year it seems like we go through the same stuff with these high profile south Florida players and there "handlers" or whatever they are called. Instead of interviewing the players, (who are usually telling us what we want to hear) how about trying to get an interview with one of these so called "handlers". We have kids who are committed for over a year and weeks before signing day, you guys report the staff blew it with the "handlers". What could the staff do differently the "last" month, that differ from the 11+ months the kid was committed? It's seems wrong to just say they blew it, without giving a reason how. 2016 class is loaded and we have a lot of SFL kids committed already, i'll hate to hear the same thing 11 months from now. Thanks for what []_[] guys do.

We should get an interview with one of these guys so they can tell us all about how much they get paid under the table, why Miami isn't paying enough, how much they plan to leverage out of the kids they "handle" once they make it big, etc.

I'm sure they would all love the opportunity to go on the record.

I think the OP is confusing two separate topics, both contained in Pete's last "Getting Worked."

Topic one: Losing Jordan Scarlett

Topic two: (Unrelated to topic one) The need to figure out who the real decision-maker is within a recruit's inner circle.

One month away from NSD top recruit's handler/handlers get paid X amount from $EC bagman we lose X recruit. End of story

So the recruit is not the decision maker and another person is telling them where to go to school at? Only in SFL this is odd

Advertisement
I think the OP is confusing two separate topics, both contained in Pete's last "Getting Worked." Topic one: Losing Jordan Scarlett Topic two: (Unrelated to topic one) The need to figure out who the real decision-maker is within a recruit's inner circle.
I think the staff identifies them, I just don't think they're willing to play the game. Bama, FSU, osu*, they are and do.

That's all Bull****! The kids, their parents and or "handlers" don't want to play for ***** Goldlore! Get off your Miami kids are obligated to play for Miami regardless that the coach sucks and the team loses. Local kids know and hear all bout Al's sorry *** and take take the first offer away from his pathetic ***! Fire Al Golden!

So some of you think the cash keeps the kids away, or the grades, or we "cooled" on them for a bigger recruit....
Coley was a pleasant surprise but that's all I can recall
We lose Almost EVERYONE every year.....
We have had a top 25 class in 3 of Als 4 yrs but take away kids who left or never got in and 2 of those classes are in the 40s

That's all Bull****! The kids, their parents and or "handlers" don't want to play for ***** Goldlore! Get off your Miami kids are obligated to play for Miami regardless that the coach sucks and the team loses. Local kids know and hear all bout Al's sorry *** and take take the first offer away from his pathetic ***! Fire Al Golden!

this im sure if from the kids on the team who don't want to be here either. My guess High Profile kids on the team talk to these recruits and tell them how bad our staff really is

Advertisement
I think the OP is confusing two separate topics, both contained in Pete's last "Getting Worked."

Topic one: Losing Jordan Scarlett

Topic two: (Unrelated to topic one) The need to figure out who the real decision-maker is within a recruit's inner circle.

I'm not buying this for a second. We have 3-4 SFla guys on this staff that should know this stuff, Coley, Ice, Baez, Beard.

We are missing because the product is bad and boring and we don't have good recruiters on staff; Golden, Williams, Franklin to name a few.

So some of you think the cash keeps the kids away, or the grades, or we "cooled" on them for a bigger recruit....
Coley was a pleasant surprise but that's all I can recall
We lose Almost EVERYONE every year.....
We have had a top 25 class in 3 of Als 4 yrs but take away kids who left or never got in and 2 of those classes are in the 40s

This is true but why do they all commit early on only to leave later. Think about how many kids the last few years have committed only to go somewhere else. Look at 2016. That class would be sick. The team has stunk for years and they are all committing, why? Why come nsd 2016 will all these kids be elsewhere.

Its called money bags the recruiting game has changed. Big time money tied up in this sport compared to back in 80s and 90s

Advertisement
Back