MODS.... Basketball Recruiting.....Quick Question

KANE

Junior
To the CIS moderators, are we a good enough basketball program now, to have a seperate "Basketball Recruiting" board on CIS? I know most of our fans probably don't pay much attention to the basketball board on the regular, but the ones of us who do, would like to see a separate board. 1. So the main basketball board won't get too cluttered, and 2. So the recruiting stuff won't be too hard to find.... ok.....ok, ok.... maybe it's just me, lol. Help....

Advertisement
To the CIS moderators, are we a good enough basketball program now, to have a seperate "Basketball Recruiting" board on CIS? I know most of our fans probably don't pay much attention to the basketball board on the regular, but the ones of us who do, would like to see a separate board. 1. So the main basketball board won't get too cluttered, and 2. So the recruiting stuff won't be too hard to find.... ok.....ok, ok.... maybe it's just me, lol. Help....
I definitely understand the interest as I have been a Canes BBall fan for almost 40 years.

However, it should be noted that basketball recruiting is an order of magnitude smaller than football. We take maybe two or three a year at most compared to a couple of dozen in football. It is as much a lack of content as it is a lack of interest.

Adding in the portal certainly beefs up the content and interest.

But generally I agree with you.

Miami probably recruits 5-20 guys a year and signs 2-4. The reality of being a less popular sport aside, when compared to the hundreds of guys we look at every cycle on football, there just isn’t enough traffic to carve off a basketball recruiting forum. Much cleaner to have a dedicated thread, which we do.

Advertisement
Basketball is the more interesting and successful program by a country mile. Would absolutely love some more coverage, personal interviews with the players/staff, updates on recruiting, anything.

We’re subjected to hearing that some grad assistant said Jacurri Brown will be Cam Newton soon if he can just learn to completely reconstruct his passing mechanics.

Instead, tell me about how Wooga is going to be ACC POY. It’s literally more believable.

All that to say, really excited for George and Nwoko interviews. Thank you!

Advertisement
Pinning the recruiting and portal threads for the given year might be a good compromise. I don’t think there’s enough content for its own board.

More so than a new board, I’d love more basketball recruiting coverage for this program in general. I find myself often having to scour random Twitter accounts to get any intel on Canes basketball recruiting.
One issue basketball has is the number of diehard Canes football fans who root for other basketball programs.

The two don’t seem mutually exclusive to me

I definitely understand the interest as I have been a Canes BBall fan for almost 40 years.

However, it should be noted that basketball recruiting is an order of magnitude smaller than football. We take maybe two or three a year at most compared to a couple of dozen in football. It is as much a lack of content as it is a lack of interest.

Adding in the portal certainly beefs up the content and interest.

But generally I agree with you.
I get what you’re saying, and of course I realize that you have to recruit a **** of a lot of kids. ****, football coaches have to recruit probably around 200-300 players…. If not more, to be able to sign 25 kids. In basketball, you’re probably only recruiting 20- 25 kids total to sign a 3 man class. I get it. My issue is that the few recruiting threads that we get, with potential names, get swamped by all of the other basketball topics I go away for a day, I can’t find basketball recruiting news. I enjoy following recruiting. I just wish there was less clutter when I’m looking. Is that too much to ask?

I get what you’re saying, and of course I realize that you have to recruit a **** of a lot of kids. ****, football coaches have to recruit probably around 200-300 players…. If not more, to be able to sign 25 kids. In basketball, you’re probably only recruiting 20- 25 kids total to sign a 3 man class. I get it. My issue is that the few recruiting threads that we get, with potential names, get swamped by all of the other basketball topics I go away for a day, I can’t find basketball recruiting news. I enjoy following recruiting. I just wish there was less clutter when I’m looking. Is that too much to ask?

Well, if those posting recruiting threads properly use prefix then when you come back to read, just click on that prefix and it filters to those prefixes..

Advertisement
Basketball is the more interesting and successful program by a country mile. Would absolutely love some more coverage, personal interviews with the players/staff, updates on recruiting, anything.

We’re subjected to hearing that some grad assistant said Jacurri Brown will be Cam Newton soon if he can just learn to completely reconstruct his passing mechanics.

Instead, tell me about how Wooga is going to be ACC POY. It’s literally more believable.

All that to say, really excited for George and Nwoko interviews. Thank you!
I want to hear this, but about Wooga

Advertisement
Back