Mixed bag but I'll take it

Trav

Redshirt Freshman
Would be real easy for us to go into the typical tailspin after a disappointing loss. We didn't. Even though it wasn't pretty.

- King was mostly off, but he did throw 4 TDs. The one almost pick-6 was brutal, but he came back after that with some nice throws and a big run.

- Couch is becoming a really nice corner, but none of our corners know how to turn and find the ball

- At times our offense looked almost like last year's. QB sitting back for way too long, no quick outlets, no checkdowns. Eventually teams are gonna figure out that fake QB run/over the top pass. If not for those, we lose.

- Our OL has upgraded from rancid to mediocre. It's something, but good defenses still exploit it.

- Everyone wants to bench Harley, but despite the occasional drops he moves the chains and makes plays. He's the last guy we should bench.

- Everyone wants Burns to transfer, but he runs hard, and we're one ankle turn from needing him.

- Since the long TD vs FSU Wiggins has disappeared and Payton is showing me nothing. I know people are high on Payton, but there's nothing there yet.

- We need to keep feeding Smith deep

- Even though Mallory had 2 TDs we didn't use him enough.

- Retire the inside zone read. Against stout DLs it's useless.

- DL played very well and LBs actually played decently. Safeties were meh. They've honestly disappointed this year besides Bubba.

- Hedley was the MVP today. We lose this game if we still have Feagles or Spicer or whoever.

- Addison is so much better than any WR we have. Pitt always seems to have one of those. **** everyone seems to have one of those.

Like I said it wasn't clean or pretty and there were stretches where it looked like Enos-ball on offense, but this is a game the '18/'19 Canes easily find a way to lose. Lashlee needs to get more creative and understand this team's limitations. King still has to play better. Someone needs to step up at WR. We need Brevin back. Despite all that we managed to score 31 on a good defense.

Advertisement
Its a combination of bad WRs, bad playcalling, a bad O-Line...

Its a **** combination, lets be honest.

Its a combination of bad WRs, bad playcalling, a bad O-Line...

Its a **** combination, lets be honest.
Yes, and if one of those improves just a bit we're scoring 40+ on a tough D. Gotta keep perspective. Although it was a slog it's still so much better than last year.

Yes, and if one of those improves just a bit we're scoring 40+ on a tough D. Gotta keep perspective. Although it was a slog it's still so much better than last year.
Big plays. Thats the difference. Offense gets some big plays.

Oh I should add we still need a LT. Campbell isn't a turnstile, but he gets pushed around by guys he's got 60 lbs on. He may still be nursing an injury. No one is gonna want to admit it but Zion looks decent at RT. No one on the OL looks great.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back