Mike Harley’s speed?

Advertisement
I feel like every year we should take a super fast offensive project. Shouldn’t be difficult to do in south FL.
This is how you end up with Dee Wiggins. He wasn’t highly rated and he didn’t have much game production. He got a scholarship because he’s 6’2” and runs 4.4.

When Feely says players are fast, he’s talking about track tines.Running in a straight line in shorts. He’s not a football coach. He’s a weight room coach. There’s guys who play fast on the field and guys who run fast on a track. People get too overexcited about track speed.

Advertisement
I always thought Harley had the speed. It was his hands and his route running that were the problem. The kid has fixed those for the most part, and is now producing at a high level. I remember seeing him do that in the playoffs at STA, he was all over the field. But college DBs and confidence caused him to take a step back. He's only now really showing us what he's capable of.

If Harley want to be an NFL receiver, I believe he's still missing a couple of key elements to his game. First, he needs to fight for the ball more. I'm not expecting him to be Tight End tough. But he's a **** good blocker, so he has enough muscle and tenacity to fight when he's thinking about it. Now he needs to learn to do that instinctually at the point of catch. Second, he needs to be more QB friendly when King is pressured out of the pocket and scrambling. Harley needs to see that and break off his route to help out. He improves in those two areas, he'll be a complete WR and will get picked up by a pro team.

Advertisement
Pope is fast. Wiggins is fast. Like, could possibly test sub-4.45 at combine fast. (Remember when this board went ape**** after testing revealed that Redwine was fast?).

Saying that Miami has problems if he’s the fastest is dumb. Why? Because speed isn’t his issue, learning to run while being disrupted is. Same goes for Wiggins. But, as fast as they are … the could use some coaching in that department.

THIS.

They got to get more dedicated in the weight room, though.

That’s the real problem. Their lack of fight and balance is a lack of strength.

They could both easily add 15 pounds muscle lifting hard and eating like it’s their job.

If those two added strength, especially in the core and upper body, it would COMPLETELY change this team and their draft prospects.

THIS.

They could both easily add 15 pounds muscle lifting hard and eating like it’s their job.

If those two added strength, especially in the core and upper body, it would COMPLETELY change this team and their draft prospects.
Maybe they just can’t gain or hold weight like that ? I find it hard to believe they’re just not lifting at all

THIS.

They can get stronger without gaining too much weight. Devonta smith weighs the same as pope but he's definitely stronger and knows how to get the ball. That guys a skinny beast

Advertisement
Wiggins one Pope two. Wiggins was one last year, Thomas was two and Pope was three during the final practice one on one’s for fastest man.

One of the greatest descriptions of speed ever was Bo Jackson’s

I break free and my body constantly accelerates I feel the breeze on my face increase I’m all alone , what a ride.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back