CaneCounty

Senior
3rd down conversation ranked 127
Total offense ranked 84
Total defense ranked 16
Time of Possession ranked 114

Last edited:
Advertisement
When you look at the stats. Miami as a team does not have many 3rd down. We generally do well on first and 2nd down.

Other than the Louisville game I thought the offense has been ok. As has been said when we move the ball usually we don't even hit a 3rd down. The defense though statistically is so misleading.

The third down conversion rate needs to get way better, even if it's a bit of an anomalies because we don't have many. We have had enough, we were o'fer there for awhile.

The defense being ranked 16th states to me that stats don't tell the whole story. That's just absurd.

Advertisement
3rd down is the biggest problem on both sides of the ball.

The defense doesn't give up chunk plays but can't get off the field and the offense gets chunk yardage but is awful in short yardage situations

3rd down is the biggest problem on both sides of the ball.

The defense doesn't give up chunk plays but can't get off the field and the offense gets chunk yardage but is awful in short yardage situations

stfu already bticho

When you look at the stats. Miami as a team does not have many 3rd down. We generally do well on first and 2nd down.

You are ****ting me right
What he says is true. Miami has the lowest number of thirds down opportunities per game - 10.5 per game. Our conversion rate is horrible, but his point is valid. A much bigger problem with sustaining drives, IMO, is the 15 turnovers we have given up.

Advertisement

You are ****ting me right
What he says is true. Miami has the lowest number of thirds down opportunities per game - 10.5 per game. Our conversion rate is horrible, but his point is valid. A much bigger problem with sustaining drives, IMO, is the 15 turnovers we have given up.

So that stat is kind of misleading because over a 3rd of our 3rd downs came in the Louisville game

Keep in mind how easy our schedule has been thus far when looking at some more team stats like these...

Tackles for loss: 106th
Turnover margin: 100th
Third down conversion percentage (defense): 65th
Red zone defense: T-55th
Sacks: T-37th with 12 other teams, just 13 sacks through 6 games
Interceptions: T-71st with 25 other teams, just 4 through 6 games

Kickoff return coverage: 109th
Kickoff returns: 76th
Punt returns: T-78th

Penalties per game: T-91st
Road record: 0-3

Anyone thinking Golden should be safe if he fires D'Onofrio has their head up their ***.

Advertisement
Back