Michael Wyche - Interview (3-19-15)(the light's coming on!)

Paranos

All-ACC
Sounds like big Mike Wyche is starting to get the message this is his last go around an has dropped his weight to under 325lbs an is embracing his inner thug (i love the comment about Demetrius Jackson getting into a fight an he just sat back an watched it with a Cheshire cat smile). Hopefully he continues to progress an seizes this opportunity as shot to get meaning playing time next season an earn a shot at the NFL.

[video=youtube;Y1xDYbmyXyE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xDYbmyXyE[/video]

Advertisement
Look forward to seeing him next Sat. But the one thing I don't get is why are they asking the NGs to play under 325? I thought NGs in a 3-4 were supposed to be heavy guys like Big Vince/Dontari Poe/Ted Washington, etc?

I don't know much about the NG position so if anyone could explain the sudden want for these guys to lose all this weight that would be appreciated.

Look forward to seeing him next Sat. But the one thing I don't get is why are they asking the NGs to play under 325? I thought NGs in a 3-4 were supposed to be heavy guys like Big Vince/Dontari Poe/Ted Washington, etc?

I don't know much about the NG position so if anyone could explain the sudden want for these guys to lose all this weight that would be appreciated.

It different with some people. Big Vince and especially Poe can move at their respective sizes. Wyche couldnt move at all at 360. he was just a stone wall. now maybe at 325 he can actually shed a tackle. would be great too see. his junior film tells that he can move. he just needs to be in shape.

Bizarro Folden wants the NGs to be skinny and the LBs and DBs to be bloated.

It different with some people. Big Vince and especially Poe can move at their respective sizes. Wyche couldnt move at all at 360. he was just a stone wall. now maybe at 325 he can actually shed a tackle. would be great too see. his junior film tells that he can move. he just needs to be in shape.

Since when are our D-linemen required to shed blocks? What the **** is that?

Advertisement
10 Standard Golden Talking Points:

1 practice at a time
work hard
focus
do my job
buy-in
good coaches
I'm better
I'm smarter
I'm stronger
I'm bigger/smaller

Every one of these player interviews is the same ...

1 practice at a time
work hard
focus
do my job
buy-in
good coaches
I'm better
I'm smarter
I'm stronger
I'm bigger/smaller

Yep, year after year . Same stuff

They had Darius Smith lose tons of weight his second and did that work out? Now this manchild NG is now below325lbs. And people still say these corches are geniuses..

Apples and oranges. Darius Smith just flat out couldn't play no matter what the weight.

Advertisement

1 practice at a time
work hard
focus
do my job
buy-in
good coaches
I'm better
I'm smarter
I'm stronger
I'm bigger/smaller

The comments are the same NCAA-wide. There is nothing unusual about the comments from UM players.

Wyche I saw him actually flash towards the end of the season. I don't expect him to be Wilfork...but I fully expect him to rough up some one one blockers at least and be serviceable...Kid has that fire I like out of dl.

The loss of weight and step up and experience with this type of comp only can help wyche deelopment

Wyche I saw him actually flash towards the end of the season. I don't expect him to be Wilfork...but I fully expect him to rough up some one one blockers at least and be serviceable...Kid has that fire I like out of dl.

The loss of weight and step up and experience with this type of comp only can help wyche deelopment
Plus, this is it for him.

Advertisement

They had Darius Smith lose tons of weight his second and did that work out? Now this manchild NG is now below325lbs. And people still say these corches are geniuses..

Apples and oranges. Darius Smith just flat out couldn't play no matter what the weight.

Then why did you recruit him and offered him to come to the U if you say he lacked talent; It's your fault since you all brought him in

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back