Miami vs. UNC (by the numbers)

Advertisement
prior to the dook game Marquise Williams was averaging 198 yards per game passing, 65% completion rate, 11 td to 7 int. Take away the dook game and he's the 36'th total offense qb instead of 22nd. His 1623 passing yards wouldn't put him in the top 50.

Before you say taking away that game skews the numbers, there are plenty of qb's who only have 8 games instead of 9. This includes Kayaa who has more yards passing in 8 games than MW does in 9.. even with his 494 yards against dook included. Kayaa has a 12-3 int ratio.

Duke put up 327 yards rushing up against UNC. UNC put up 40-167 or 4.175 per carry. This was while they passed for 500. Miami only put 119 yards against Duke but trotted out a backup qb, what do you think dook was committed to stopping in that game?

Miami has faced 5 of the top 50 NCAA passing leaders. UNC has faced 2 (UVA, DUKE). Miami has faced 4 of the top 50 passing offenses, UNC has faced none.. until this coming Saturday. Sheds some light on the UNC passing defense statistics. They haven't faced a top 40 passer yet.
Miami has faced 2 of the top 20 rushing leaders, UNC none in the top 50. Miami has faced 4 top 50 rushing defenses, UNC has faced 3.

Who you're playing makes a big difference in you're statistics.

Bingo

I never look at stats. Its match up. They are undefeated, so even if their opponents suck, they still beat them. They may not be that good, but we have seen 'not that good' shred our defense for years and this year is no difference. The great equalizer for other teams is our Coordinators.

Advertisement
I never look at stats. Its match up. They are undefeated, so even if their opponents suck, they still beat them. They may not be that good, but we have seen 'not that good' shred our defense for years and this year is no difference. The great equalizer for other teams is our Coordinators.

They're not undefeated actually.

Yeah I forgot.

And that's a big oversight. They lost to a putrid South Carolina team.

Yeah I forgot.

Cinci suck. None of that means anything. Its all about matchups

Advertisement

Yeah I forgot.

but no one is claiming we're good. people are afraid of big, bad UNC because they're 8-1.

As a canes fan at this point, I expect to lose to winning teams. It is what it is, its over ten years in the making.

That said, UNC is smoke and mirrors. They haven't played jack ****, and lost to a terrible south carolina team. As someone pointed out, put FSU and Clemson on their schedule and that team has three losses. It will not surprise me if we win this game at all.

Yeah I forgot.

but no one is claiming we're good. people are afraid of big, bad UNC because they're 8-1.
World beaters, no, better than us. Yes. Minus Golden, we have the same staff and personnel. Period

UNC just lost a player to a tragic incident on campus...that might just add more fuel to their fire.

Advertisement
Elon University football player killed in fall at UNC Chapel Hill | abc11.com
No. It's wasnt a UNC player so I don't see the effect you're alluding to. Tragic but not impactful to this game.
And while UNC did wipe the floor with Duke - I still say this is a closer game than is being predicted considering their schedule vs ours.

Couldn't find this thread, but I wanted to correct that...it was an Elon player, but the way BR had it titled, it appeared as if it was an UNC football player. My fault, Good lookin'

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back