Miami vs Oklahoma for the 2000 BCS National Championship

Advertisement
OU was ranked # 1. Back in those days, a game against number one was always bet the house game. We only loss when we were number one and never loss when the other team was. Canes would have been up and beat the living crap out of OU -- score might have been close but the game would have not been.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure Santana had an injured foot and played like it also. Defense gave up too many big plays also. If I remember, we started our comeback too late, if the game had been longer we could have won. Hats off to the old schedules when we played in big games all over the country.
This was the Louisiana Tech game right? I think we did win that game. Just not by enough points to keep us no 2 in the computer rankings.

Advertisement
Florida wasn’t that great of a team. They lost to mediocre Mississippi State, and got killed by FSU something like 37-0. (That rout pushed FSU ahead of Miami in the BCS standings.) And the SEC in 2000 is far from what the SEC is today.
FSU jumped Miami after the Louisiana Tech game. The FSU-UF game was played on Thanksgiving weekend.

Advertisement
Back