Miami trying to invade Tampa?

IHATETHISPLACE

Thunderdome
BIG COUNTY PREPS ‏@BigCountyPreps1 8m
Just put #Miami on to a butt load of top BCP Coverage area talents. Increased their recruiting list by 50%. #TheU trying to invade Tampa Bay

Advertisement
As well they should. Tampa and Orlando are swing areas, I think we will do much better in both places when we start winning. Not feeling so good about Jacksonville ever being a strong Cane Pipeline, but it will come back. Everything in Due time, I trust Al

There is a renewed buzz in the Bay area about the U. Al has been on the radio and at meet and greets for over a year here. Don't get me wrong, there are still deep ties to UF and FSU in the area, but some kids, the ones who consider USCwest or ND are starting to think about Miami too.

Advertisement
There is a renewed buzz in the Bay area about the U. Al has been on the radio and at meet and greets for over a year here. Don't get me wrong, there are still deep ties to UF and FSU in the area, but some kids, the ones who consider USCwest or ND are starting to think about Miami too.

We've always done well in Tampa. If you think otherwise, you don't know our history over the last 25 or so years. Doesn't mean we've gotten more out of that area than FSU and UF, but then we've always gotten far more from south Florida so they needed to dominate other areas more to make up for their relative lack of success down south.

At times we got the best players out of Tampa, not that they always excelled at UM, but think of Quincy Hipps, Chick, Kenny Kelly, Charles Henry in the '80's (I think), Scott Nicolaus (early '80's), Jerome Brown (Brooksville near Tampa?), A.J. Trump (?), Andrew Williams...I'm sure there were a lot more. I just can't remember them all. If I'm wrong about some of these, please say so.

I'm including St. Pete, Clearwater...I don't know the geography of that area, but I think they're all near each other.

St. pete/clearwater are over a bridge from tampa so its the same metro area spread over 3 counties parts of polk, hillsboro, and pinellas.

Think collin mccarthy, robert marve, mike james, maurice hagen, antonio crawford, earl moore, g. Crow, t. Mccord.

And hopefully this year UM lands Andrew Beck and Vincent Jackson from the bay area. There is also a DT from polk county commited to UVA, that UM is trying to plant the flip bug into.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I think a lot of people who put together the 7 on 7 teams know the area well, and know a lot about the kids in that region. So this Tweet:

BIG COUNTY PREPS ‏@BigCountyPreps1 8m
Just put #Miami on to a butt load of top BCP Coverage area talents. Increased their recruiting list by 50%. #TheU trying to invade Tampa Bay

Might mean we hit up BCP and got a list of players in that area that we should be looking at, maybe under the radar guys. Sort of asking someone from a city where you should eat, some hidden spots.

This is an uneducated guess. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Advertisement
Back