Miami Recruiting and Attrition by the Years (2002 - 2019 YTD)

GojiraCane

All ACC
Here is a second chart to illustrate Miami's year by year recruiting (per Rivals star ratings), the number of players who failed to qualify or left before the start of the season, and the number of players from each class who departed within two seasons.

1547861193453.png

A few items of note
- Where possible, transfers are included within commitments each year. They're also included in the "Left Within Two Seasons" tallies, which skews numbers slightly (the 2018 total is two transfers departing)
- Miami began to see rapid two year attrition under Randy Shannon, and the problem became worse during the first half of Golden's regime. This created depth issues which were listed in my previous post

Advertisement
Randy Shannon was just the worst in every way. The only time I felt confident under his reign was when Whipple-ball started. But Randy put an end to that... He ****ed off HS coaches which isn't the best way to recruit players.

Also, thanks for the post.

Any idea how this compares to other teams?

The only teams that got close to us in the Coastal during any portion of this time period were North Carolina (last year of Butch Davis) and Virginia Tech. But even at our nadir, on paper we were the most talented team in the Coastal. For a while we were are par with Clemson.

But definitely below Florida State and Florida. For the Seminoles, the biggest gap was 2010 - 2014 I believe.

Advertisement
the biggest thing i take away from this is if we have on the field results, we are attractive again, regardless of some kids who will leave for bags.

based on this, 2018 would rank as one of our best recruiting classes in terms of star rankings, no surprise given the energy around the program in 2017 with the 10 win season and TO chain.

Advertisement
Back