Miami ranked high in tough Non Conference Schedules

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
This article from the Bleacher Report (ya i know not always the best source) has Miami in a group of aproximately 10 teams with the most difficult non-conference schedules in the upcoming year.

Opponents: vs. Florida A&M, vs. Arkansas State, at Nebraska, vs. Cincinnati

Other than Florida A&M, every nonconference opponent on Miami's schedule is capable of winning its conference in 2014.

The strength of those conferences may differ, but the principle remains the same. And even though Arkansas State comes from the lowly Sun Belt, it and new head coach Blake Anderson should continue to have an offense that gives all opponents trouble.

Cincinnati is a perennial sneaky contender and this year has Gunner Kiel eligible at quarterback, while Nebraska is…well, Nebraska and will have a distinct home-field advantage in Lincoln.

Miami should be favored in three of these four games, and the line at Nebraska might be short. But at least two of them could very well end in a loss, and a third is nothing to gloss over.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ghest-non-conference-schedules-in-2014/page/5

P.S I personally think this is a lot tougher than what others think. Nebraska on the road (pre-season top 25 team), Cincy a team who always plays hard and will come to Miami with a chip on their shoulder, and even Arkansas State; a underrated team with something to prove. How do you guys see us doing in these games? I say we go at least 3-1 losing to Nebraska in a close one because Olsen makes a freshman mistake late game. But i think we could pull that one out too. Cincy will play us tough for a half and then we should pull away. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back