Miami is not suited for 2016 College FB Right now

You all killed the messenger a few weeks ago when I told you that Kaaya concerned me after the GT game. I told you all that after those first 4 games he did not look good and hs lack of mobility was going to hurt this team. Many told me to get lost, some argued that he had 2 great drives vs GT. But I made those comments not only on what I saw but on what the landscape of college football looks like. And if you open your eyes it looks nothing like the current Miami team.

-There are running qb's like Lamar Jackson and then there are Mobile QB's like the guy from TX A&M, Ole Miss, and even FSU.

I looked up and down the top 25 and not a single team NOT 1 has a pure drop back pocket passer. Even Trabisky from UNC can move and extend plays with his legs. VT's QB was the same way. Not really a "running QB" but he is a "mobile QB".. NOT one single team has a QB like Kaaya.

HERE IS WHY:
I would guess that the majority of HS teams run the Spread option or the RPO game. These kids are now all over college teams. The days of going and getting the drop back passer ARE OVER. They are no where to be found in HS football and now they are no where to be found in College Football. Even worse you have a team like Miami that is running a RPO look with a non mobile QB and a bad line and that = bad offense. Its not going to get better. He looks a little better when they just put him in Shotgun and let him just throw with no option look but its still not good.

Last point: Over the past 7 or so Years AL has dominated college football. But a few years ago in big games or in bowl games you noticed theygot beat pretty bad vs. OU and Utah. Clearly AL had better payers but two years in a row they lost to those guys. And Under Saban until the past few years Auburn even gave them fits...

WHY IS THIS: The spread option and the mobile QB. You see Saban built his defense with big dogs that clog the middle and also big safeties and LB's. But the mobile QB was faster and the option was killing him. Saban even went to the NCAA and told them they should band the Read Option tempo offense said "kids are going to get hurt. We all know he did that because he was having issues beating that type of offense. His teams always had drop back passers and ran more of a pro style offense.

Interesting that he does not say that anymore as he now has a mobile QB. He even made the change. He realized that you can't get by without a mobile QB. You don't have to have a running QB but you do have to have mobile QB.

BAD NEWS for Miami is: They don't currently even have one on the roster. Perry is coming in and I pray that CMR gets it and realizes that you have to have this in todays College football to win big games. Like I said just look up and down the top 25.

Advertisement
Always loved a QB that could beat you more then 1 way. Breaks my heart that we could of had Jackson starting for us this year and competing for a national championship. 1 player makes or breaks a recruiting class. I hope Perry is the real deal and I hope Richt had the cahones to start him over the vets.

Advertisement
Back