Miami Hurricanes Hall Of Fame's newest member Frank Gore

Advertisement
My all-time favourite Hurricane. An all-time great player and a guy that before injury had a chance to be right there with the greatest backs to ever live. Even with injury almost certainly finishes the 4th leading rusher in NFL history. His OT TD vs FSU is a favourite Canes moment of mine too. Congrats Mr Gore!

Exactly. Love Frank and he has had an amazing career. Among the best that nobody seems to really notice.

But he also epitomizes what could have been. Imagine if he had had today’s medical technology. What could have been.....

I'll never forget him as a freshman behind Portis. HOF Cane...HOF NFL soon enough! Congrats Frank Gore!

Some people forget what a great career this true Cane had. In high School with his speed, combined with moves that left defenders grasping air, he was simply awesome almost impossible to stop. I remember his 293yds against Northwestern HS on just 10 carries and how happy I was when he decided to become a Cane.

He overcame so much over his career. Overcoming a learning disability to improve his academics all while practicing and assisting his sick mother. Then while playing behind Portis on the greatest CFB team ever as a freshman, he dazzled us all with his extraordinary skills ( 62 carries for 562 yds a 9.1yds/carry even though he only saw spot duty He is the main reason why I do my best not to prejudge anyone's academic potential or discount anyone's potential after an injury.

Few remember his ungodly skills as a RB before his severe ACL injury and even fewer remember that even BEFORE that injury he had already beat out McGahee and was supposed to be our starting RB for our second try at a N.C. He was that good. McGahee ran for 1700+ yards that season, imagine how many more Gore could have put up behind that line. He played in 2003 before tearing his ACL again. He finished the following year with a good performance but subpar by his standards.

He was drafted in the 4th round and many thought he had no chance or was done. 13 very productive, on the edge of the NFL HOF years later he is still in the NFL with the 5th highest ever rushing total and a good chance to move even higher. It boggles my mind to think of what he could have achieved without those severe injuries. He was a true force of nature.

He was not a man to ever be underestimated and I congratulate him on his well deserved selection to the Canes HOF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some people forget what a great career this true Cane had. In high School with his speed, combined with moves that left defenders grasping air, he was simply awesome almost impossible to stop. I remember his 293yds against Northwestern HS on just 10 carries and how happy I was when he decided to become a Cane.

He overcame so much over his career. Overcoming a learning disability to improve his academics all while practicing and assisting his sick mother. Then while playing behind Portis on the greatest CFB team ever as a freshman, he dazzled us all with his extraordinary skills ( 62 carries for 562 yds a 9.1yds/carry even though he only saw spot duty He is the main reason why I do my best not to prejudge anyone's academic potential or discount anyone's potential after an injury.

Few remember his ungodly skills as a RB before his severe ACL injury and even fewer remember that even BEFORE that injury he had already beat out McGahee and was supposed to be our starting RB for our second try at a N.C. He was that good. McGahee ran for 1700+ yards that season, imagine how many more Gore could have put up behind that line. He played in 2003 before tearing his ACL again. He finished the following year with a good performance but subpar by his standards.

He was drafted in the 4th round and many thought he had no chance or was done. 13 very productive, on the edge of the NFL HOF years later he is still in the NFL with the 5th highest ever rushing total and a good chance to move even higher. It boggles my mind to think of what he could have achieved without those severe injuries. He was a true force of nature.

He was not a man to ever be underestimated and I congratulate him on his well deserved selection to the Canes HOF

**** well said, Mainline. Hear hear!

Advertisement
Back