Miami Finalizes 2020 Nonconference Schedule

View as article
Advertisement
Why are you all so ****ed? What happened to anyone, anywhere, anytime?
....we joined a conference, that's what happened.
Easy to say anyone, anywhere, anytime when you are independent and don't have a set 9 games yearly. Look at ND. Stanford, USC, Navy, another major P5 game, and then they got like 5 ACC games yearly. Makes their schedule seem so much better and like they are willing to play anyone....That's the advantage of being independent.

....we joined a conference, that's what happened.
Easy to say anyone, anywhere, anytime when you are independent and don't have a set 9 games yearly. Look at ND. Stanford, USC, Navy, another major P5 game, and then they got like 5 ACC games yearly. Makes their schedule seem so much better and like they are willing to play anyone....That's the advantage of being independent.
I'm saying if we say anyone anytime anywhere then people need to stop being scared of playing Wagner.

I'm saying if we say anyone anytime anywhere then people need to stop being scared of playing Wagner.

Exactly.

Anyone, anytime, anywhere! We're not afraid of Wagner! We'll play Wagner all day long! How many other teams can say that?!?!

Speaking of scheduling, I just noticed that this season we scheduled a bye week before facing that juggernaut FIU. Do we really an extra week to get ready for them or do we need a breather after running that gauntlet of Coastal powers in October?

Advertisement
You got a screenshot of you saying the same about Savannah State? How bout Bethune? Or you just crying to cry?

Wagner is a step below Bethune Cookman and a half step below Savannah State. Im okay with the occasional game with Bethune Cookman. The other two should never be on UM's schedule.

Speaking of scheduling, I just noticed that this season we scheduled a bye week before facing that juggernaut FIU. Do we really an extra week to get ready for them or do we need a breather after running that gauntlet of Coastal powers in October?

The extra week isn’t to get ready for the game. It’s to get ready for the fight. Training for hand to hand combat takes extra time.

Advertisement
Wagner is a step below Bethune Cookman and a half step below Savannah State. Im okay with the occasional game with Bethune Cookman. The other two should never be on UM's schedule.

No they’re not. Wagner had a better record last year than Savannah St and they’re in a tougher conference. This is the ultimate dumbass argument though. They’re both high school teams. A literal scrimmage, at best. Same like EVERY SINGLE TEAM plays once a year. It’s only because half the people here have heard of Savannah St and Bethune that the crying is louder now.

Is it really that difficult to get 2 P5 OOC opponents on the schedule every year.

Im sorry but Miami OOC scheduling is a joke and has been for a while.

I'm all about that...once the Alabamas, Clemsons, etc. do the same.

I'm old school Miami, anytime, anywhere, anybody....but that ship has sailed if we want to take the next step while the major players cupcake OOC outside of kick off classic type games.

MSU is a big out of conference game. Right now, I see it as stupid to schedule another brutal OOC. I hear you....Wagner is Wagner, but Alabama playing Western Carolina and the like every year instead of playing UAB, Jax St. or Troy is BS. We at least roll USF, UCF, FIU and FAU...now..I don't want to see Savannah St. or away games set for Arky St. and App. St. anymore for sure.

UM

I'm all about that...once the Alabamas, Clemsons, etc. do the same.

I'm old school Miami, anytime, anywhere, anybody....but that ship has sailed if we want to take the next step while the major players cupcake OOC outside of kick off classic type games.

MSU is a big out of conference game. Right now, I see it as stupid to schedule another brutal OOC. I hear you....Wagner is Wagner, but Alabama playing Western Carolina and the like every year instead of playing UAB, Jax St. or Troy is BS. We at least roll USF, UCF, FIU and FAU...now..I don't want to see Savannah St. or away games set for Arky St. and App. St. anymore for sure.

UM

Honestly, I feel P5 schools should play 10 P5 games a year.

Advertisement
We must have Clemson on the schedule to justify those 3 being the OOC foes. (Besides MSU) If not that is a joke and shameful to expect fans to pay to see that at HRS.
My only issue is the Wagner game. We have no business playing them. If we're going to play an FCS school, the only teams should be Bethune-Cookman and FAMU. The money should stay in-state and help out local schools. Otherwise, don't play any FCS schools.

We have MSU next year, MSU & Alabama in 2021, and Texas A&M in 2022 and 2023 so I'm not complaining much (just Wagner).

FYI, Clemson's 2019 schedule is only 2 positions better than ours (59 vs 61).
2019 College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings

Every single P5 school, with possible rare exceptions, plays one FCS school per year.

You’d be hard-pressed to find anybody that doesn’t.

It just so happens that specific year our FCS is Wagner.

I know, I know, I had the same reaction - “who the fūck is Wagner?”

But bottom line, it’s an FCS team. Pretty much any P5 team should boatrace any FCS team...so other than the name, it makes no difference. These should all be 60+ type point differentials.

I also get wanting Bethune or FAMU...because they're close-by HBCU’s, we all know graduates from there, etc. why not give them the money? I get it I would be in favor of it. But has anyone considered that maybe they had no opportunity that specific year, or just maybe didn’t want to get hammered that year?

By the way, Syracuse, played Wagner last season. The same Syracuse that beat Clemson in 2017, and almost beat Clemson in their house in 2018. So it’s not like Wagner isn’t playing a P5 team every year. They are.

Yet I still hate it, because the schedule looks really shltty for that year at home in September, but it’s done. I’m sure the contract is signed. It’s over.

Advertisement
Yes, Wagner is atrocious, but before any of you jump off the ledge, here is Alabama’s 2020 OOC (non-P5 schedule)

Georgia State
Kent State
UT Martin Skyhawks

All at home of course.

What’s the difference?

Any questions?

The difference is you moron that Bama has Auburn, LSU, Georgia and A&M on their schedule, to go along with the USC game.

**** your dumb. You expect Bama to schedule a harder OOC schedule considering what their conf schedule looks like.

Fck you’re dumb.

I thought the 2019 home schedule was bad, but ****, 2020 is downright pathetic! Will be lucky to get 50,000 combined attendance between Temple, Wagner and UAB...

The difference is you moron that Bama has Auburn, LSU, Georgia and A&M on their schedule, to go along with the USC game.

**** your dumb. You expect Bama to schedule a harder OOC schedule considering what their conf schedule looks like.

Fck you’re dumb.

My, my, the little priss is super angry tonight.

Bottom boy has a hair up his ***.

Didn’t you get enough dlck today?

“**** your dumb” LMFAO

I thought the 2019 home schedule was bad, but ****, 2020 is downright pathetic! Will be lucky to get 50,000 combined attendance between Temple, Wagner and UAB...
Just gunna leave out the fact we got FSU at home this year?

Just logical that we have major non-con game away when we have FSU at home, and major non-con game home when we're away at FSU....

Advertisement
Back