Miami Coach Tracker – 2015; media dissing media

Cane2

Band
Banned
ByScott Roussel Football Scoop
Sunday November 15: Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reported today that Butch Davis “remains simply a fallback option, if several more appealing options don’t materialize” per an associate of Miami AD Blake James.

Wednesday November 11: The Miami Herald reports today that Butch Davis “has not been written off, he’s among people given initial consideration”. The Herald also adds that UM people “are under the impression that Charlie Strong and Tommy Tuberville have interest in the job.” The Herald also states that no conversations have taken place between reps of UM and Mario Cristobal “according to a coaching friend of Cristobal.” [Note, on that point the Herald is incorrect, or perhaps their source is simply uninformed [or providing disinformation.] The Herald adds that Mike Shula “has conveyed to friends that he wants to remain in the NFL and won’t pursue the UM job”, per an associate. [oh, Fake Blake hadn't hired the search firm that could talk in whispers with none reporting/scooping who they're pillow chatting with]

Tuesday November 10: Sources tell FootballScoop that Alabama offensive line coach, former FIU head coach, and former Miami player Mario Cristobal is at “the top of list” for the Canes, and that discussions have taken place from representatives on each side.

Monday November 9: A survey of Miami area high school coaches in the area was done by 247, and Mario Cristobal has near-unanimous support. [what a coincidence; dude follow all our recruits on tweeter and their H.S. coaches in person]

Jimmy Johnson tells the Miami Herald that he and athletic director Blake James have communicated and Blake plans to use Jimmy as a sounding board during the search. Jimmy adds that he does not feel the candidates need to have UM ties noting, “You want the best candidate. There are some outstanding individuals who will be interested in this job. I wouldn’t want any restriction.”

Wednesday October 28: Some in the media had been writing that this was the time for Mark Richt to look to move on…and likely back to the U. No, no, my friends.

James Franklin heard that Dennis Dodd of CBS suggested he was a candidate at Miami; and James Franklin was not happy about that. Addressing this today, Franklin said, “I don’t like it. I think it causes a distraction for our team. I think it’s a distraction for Penn State, and I have no idea where it comes from. My family has sacrificed, I’ve worked my *** off to be here and this is where I want to be. Stuff like that I guess some people can look at it as a compliment. I don’t… not going to address it anymore, this is where I want to be.” [oh, Fake Blake hadn't hired the search firm that could talk in whispers with none reporting/scooping who they're pillow chatting with]

Tuesday Oct 27: Just gonna leave this here: Apparently there was a report out of Miami yesterday that representatives from The U had already reached out to Tom Herman. Joseph Duarte who covers UH relays that this is nonsense. [oh, Fake Blake hadn't hired the search firm that could talk in whispers with none reporting/scooping who they're pillow chatting with]

Settle down a bit Miami…a good ways to go here.

Monday afternoon Ed Reed told Rich Eisen that he would definitely entertain the idea of becoming the head coach of the U should that opportunity present itself [that's a lie, sensationalism; Reed not talking HC, but asst coach as in position coach]. Yes, friends, this is going to be one fun search.

The Scoop’s perspective: Its too early to tell who has a legitimate shot at the job; but its hard to imagine that Mario Cristobal doesn’t get a great look at it. Miami isn’t a learn as you go type of job. The U needs a leader. We suspect that the next head coach will be a current or former head coach with significant ties to the area. The next head coach needs not only to recruit locally; but has to understand the local “politics”. The U doesn’t have unlimited financial resources; but if the next head coach can get things rolling, the kindle is ready to burn. Strike a match and bring good times back to the U!

Monday, everyone had a list of the top candidates for the job. Here’s a look at some of what is being thrown around:

From the October Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson:

Mario Cristobal, Greg Schiano & Rob Chudzinski “will be discussed and could emerge as serious candidates”. Butch Davis is interested; but Jackson largely dismisses him as a real candidate. Jackson lists the following as other potential candidates: Tom Herman, Mike Shula, paired with Ken Dorsey, Rich Rod, Justin Fuente. Jackson describes Dan Mullen and Gary Patterson as pie-in-the-sky and considers those long shots. Jackson also mentions Doc Holliday, Chuck Pagano, Mark Stoops and Mark Richt as those with some logical tie or who have visited the area in the past.

From CBS Sports’ Dennis Dodd:

Schiano, Cristobal, Chudzinski, Butch Davis, Fuente, Doug Meacham, James Franklin, Rich Rod, Matt Wells, Scott Frost & Mark Stoops.

From Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman:

Cristobal, Chud, Dana Holgorsen, Schiano, Doc Holliday, Winston Moss, Butch Davis, Rich Rod, Jeff Brohm, Tom Herman, Fuente, Michigan receivers coach (former UM OC) Jedd Fisch.

USA Today’s Dan Wolken:

Schiano, Rich Rod, Tommy Tuberville, Larry Fedora, Doc Holliday, Cristobal, Frank Wilson, Tom Herman, Fuente, Richt & … Lane Kiffin (“They wouldn’t. Would they?”

-----------------------------

Bottom line is 1.) that Butch Davis is a consensus Candidate from day one; guess Football sauces never told FS about piece on UM considering an outside Interim Head Coach and 2.) there are multiple UM sources with their own respecting preferences and allegiances disseminating conflicting information, or disinformation when it suits them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lets wait to either celebrate the decision or burn the fuggin program down. I am hoping for a thanksgiving weekend announcement

Lets wait to either celebrate the decision or burn the fuggin program down. I am hoping for a thanksgiving weekend announcement

In the meantime, fly the fn banner: MAKE UM GREAT AGAIN -- BUTCH DAVIS 2015

and keep these son of bltches on UM BoT feet on the fire for the next home game GTech

and keep these son of bltches on UM BoT feet on the fire for the next home game GTech

Lol you mean 2016

Not a shock that a BBB guy is unable to move forward in time ... :rickflair2:

Advertisement

Lol you mean 2016
Not a shock that a BBB guy is unable to move forward in time ... :rickflair2:

:monkey-serious: We don't have a coach RIGHT NOW as we fired the 2015 HC coach in 2015! new coach is also being hired in 2015; you Butch haters make a bright pair in your group think

It's going to be effing Mario. Not a chance of them hiring anyone else, including Butch. God, I hate these people. Now they've hired some firm that's just going to confirm this lousy hire.

Advertisement
Back